Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:09:08 PM EDT
Hello,

What is the going rate for an excellent condition, all numbers matching SAR-1 with nice wood and a scope rail going for these days? (it also has a pinned slant break on it)  Thanks!!

instante

eta:  fixed spelling
eta: pics

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen them going for $350 to $400.

You could check the EE or gunbroker.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hello,

What is the going rate for an excellent condition, all numbers matching SAR-1 with nice wood and a scope rail going for these days? (it also has a pinned slant break on it)  Thanks!!

I recently sold one on the EE here for $350.00 that I refinished, threaded the barrel and installed the detent pin and spring on.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I got it!!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Good score.  I sold my SAR-1 to a dealer in December for $400.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Range tomorrow!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#6]
...Congrats............you got yourself a very good deal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#7]
You might want to check your compliance parts as the US pistol grip has been replaced with a foreign one and the pistol grip on that model was a compliance part.  If the brake is not US then you need 6 compliance parts total.

If the brake is permanently pinned and not removable by depressing the detent pin then it may not count as an extra part, though the pistol grip is obviously not a US part.  If so you would have to have at least one if not two US parts in every magazine inserted into the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You might want to check your compliance parts as the US pistol grip has been replaced with a foreign one and the pistol grip on that model was a compliance part.  If the brake is not US then you need 6 compliance parts total.

If the brake is permanently pinned and not removable by depressing the detent pin then it may not count as an extra part, though the pistol grip is obviously not a US part.  If so you would have to have at least one if not two US parts in every magazine inserted into the rifle.

He will be just fine if he uses US magazines.  He already has hammer, trigger, disconnector, gas piston, so all he would need is a US floorplate, follower or mag body to be legal since his muzzle device is pinned on.  Since his brake is permanently attached he only has 15 parts to that rifle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He will be just fine if he uses US magazines.  He already has hammer, trigger, disconnector, gas piston, so all he would need is a US floorplate, follower or mag body to be legal since his muzzle device is pinned on.  Since his brake is permanently attached he only has 15 parts to that rifle.

I think that it what I stated on the brake, but some guys think that a detent pin means the brake is pinned.  Some Chinese rifles had pinned devices over the threads by jamming a pin in as though it was a detent pin.

I didn't see anywhere that he was using US mags.  I am telling him that he needs to check his compliance parts, he probably already knows whether it is compliant or not if he has looked it over.  Regardless, each of his mags if the aren't a US manufactured mag needs to have at least one compliance part in all of them.  I don't know of anyone that uses US mags such as Promag or USA mags in their AK as they are more expensive and not reliable.  

Seeing that his pistol grip has been changed out, it is possible that the original FCG may have been changed out by a previous owner, also.  If it had trigger slap, a previous owner may have changed out the FCG with a foreign set.  I've seen it done before.  You can tell an original Century FCG that the SAR's came with as each piece will have a C marked on the FCG parts which will be cast metal with a seam running down the center of each part.

If the parts have no markings and are milled from solid stock metal they are most likely foreign.
If the parts of the FCG are cast they are most probably US made, I have never seen foreign FCG parts that were not milled.

If it has a Gordon Tech G2 it will be marked as such and will be cast metal, same with the TAPCO G2.  K-VAR used to have milled FCG parts marked with KV but now may be selling ones marked US.  First Son Entreprises had FCG parts marked FSE.  Hesse had cast metal parts, unmarked.   Global Trades FCG's were milled but how they are marked I don't know, not likely to see these unless the rifle is built by Global Trades/Armory/Arsenal USA, SAR's aren't.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that it what I stated on the brake, but some guys think that a detent pin means the brake is pinned.  Some Chinese rifles had pinned devices over the threads by jamming a pin in as though it was a detent pin.

I didn't see anywhere that he was using US mags.  I am telling him that he needs to check his compliance parts, he probably already knows whether it is compliant or not if he has looked it over.  Regardless, each of his mags if the aren't a US manufactured mag needs to have at least one compliance part in all of them.  I don't know of anyone that uses US mags such as Promag or USA mags in their AK as they are more expensive and not reliable.  

Seeing that his pistol grip has been changed out, it is possible that the original FCG may have been changed out by a previous owner, also.  If it had trigger slap, a previous owner may have changed out the FCG with a foreign set.  I've seen it done before.  You can tell an original Century FCG that the SAR's came with as each piece will have a C marked on the FCG parts which will be cast metal with a seam running down the center of each part.

If the parts have no markings and are milled from solid stock metal they are most likely foreign.
If the parts of the FCG are cast they are most probably US made, I have never seen foreign FCG parts that were not milled.

If it has a Gordon Tech G2 it will be marked as such and will be cast metal, same with the TAPCO G2.  K-VAR used to have milled FCG parts marked with KV but now may be selling ones marked US.  First Son Entreprises had FCG parts marked FSE.  Hesse had cast metal parts, unmarked.   Global Trades FCG's were milled but how they are marked I don't know, not likely to see these unless the rifle is built by Global Trades/Armory/Arsenal USA, SAR's aren't.  

Mak,
  I guess I wasn't as much arguing with you as I was reiterating what you said.  I guess I just took it as fact that the brake is pinned on since he stated that it is.  But you are right.  If a guy doesn't know AKs very well he may think that a brake is pinned on when in fact it is just the detent keeping it on.  I also wouldn't recommend using US mags, but rather US floorplates and followers.  On my SAR-1 with the Century fcg I just did a trigger job on it to eliminate the slap.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok, 922r compliance:

This is a post ban model with perm attached slant brake with no detent pin present.  FCG is 3 parts, gas piston is part #4.  Do I need 6 parts or 5 parts for this particular ak to be compliant? (bayo lug nuetered)

Thanks for the heads up guys.....I really didnt even think about it because I got it from my FFL.
I only have 20 magazine with 1 us follower and 1 us floor plate each, but I own like 50+ ak mags.....I'd rather have the rifle compliant vs. relying on a magazine with us parts in it to make it compliant.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Instante,
  Since the muzzle device is permanent your rifle has 15 parts, or which only 10 can be imported.  So, you will need 1 more US part.  I would suggest replacing the pistol grip so that you don't have to use crappy US magazine parts.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
If you only use the 20 mags with the US followers and baseplates you are good to go with one extra part and can leave the pistol grip on.  Or you can switch out 20 of the baseplates with the mags that have foreign baseplates and then 40 of your mags are compliant.  To prevent you from using the 10 left over non-compliant mags in the rifle which would make it non-compliant, you can ship the left-over mags to me as my rifle has plenty of extra US parts and can use completely foreign mags.

If you need my address for shipment just IM me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you only use the 20 mags with the US followers and baseplates you are good to go with one extra part and can leave the pistol grip on.  Or you can switch out 20 of the baseplates with the mags that have foreign baseplates and then 40 of your mags are compliant.  To prevent you from using the 10 left over non-compliant mags in the rifle which would make it non-compliant, you can ship the left-over mags to me as my rifle has plenty of extra US parts and can use completely foreign mags.

If you need my address for shipment just IM me.

ROFL.  (because I was reading it so seriously.......you almost got me....)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice looking wood on that rifle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top