For my YugoM70AB2

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Marco,

That looks great!  How did you make it?

Bud
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I had some Oak paneling left from an office job that I thinned/guaged for the grips. I used a friends shoe repair machines to prep shape and contour. I used JB Weld to bond. I used a shoe finisher to
do the rest. I owned my own Shoe Repair for many years and the finisher is perfect for the job.

The fine belt and Numkeg smoothed and the buffer and horse hair brush took most of the scratches out of the block. I then used regular glycerin based sole stain ! Lol, it was the perfect color tone and you can control the depth/darkness of the stain by allowing it to heatup on the buffer and brush.

At home I masked and sprayed the block with a heavy duty acrylic.

It was fun. I'll post a pick on the weapon in the next day or so.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had some Oak paneling left from an office job that I thinned/guaged for the grips. I used a friends shoe repair machines to prep shape and contour. I used JB Weld to bond. I used a shoe finisher to
do the rest. I owned my own Shoe Repair for many years and the finisher is perfect for the job.

The fine belt and Numkeg smoothed and the buffer and horse hair brush took most of the scratches out of the block. I then used regular glycerin based sole stain ! Lol, it was the perfect color tone and you can control the depth/darkness of the stain by allowing it to heatup on the buffer and brush.

At home I masked and sprayed the block with a heavy duty acrylic.

It was fun. I'll post a pick on the weapon in the next day or so.

Please!  I'd like to see it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks great, please post that pic of it on action! heheh
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]

The flash and light dont do the color justice when you see it in natural light. The color is ruddier.
But Im pleased with how it turned out. It was fun
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it!  I like the Bulgarian flash hider too!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
VERY sharp looking

great job
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks. I saw someone do the same over some Makarov grips that gave me the idea.

I like the Bulgarian FH too. Some will say slant only on an an AK but I think it looks good.
And it does work well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I like the Buglarian FH also. It just looks cool on there.

Did you do anything to your HGs to get them to look that good?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks. I saw someone do the same over some Makarov grips that gave me the idea.

I like the Bulgarian FH too. Some will say slant only on an an AK but I think it looks good.
And it does work well.

Most cynics/purists accept the Bulgarian flash hider versus, let's say...an AK74 brake.  Specifically on a 7.62 weapon.  Unless, of course, you've got an AK-103.  That's the only example of a .30 caliber AK where the '74 styled brake is at home.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Most cynics/purists accept the Bulgarian flash hider versus, let's say...an AK74 brake.  Specifically on a 7.62 weapon.  Unless, of course, you've got an AK-103.  That's the only example of a .30 caliber AK where the '74 styled brake is at home.  

I agree. There were many getting adapters from where/whom I bought it from.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn that looks good!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yeah I like the Buglarian FH also. It just looks cool on there.

Did you do anything to your HGs to get them to look that good?

From time to time I work some fine furniture wax lie Brie on them. I think over time and heat its gotten like that.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top