Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:54:38 AM EDT
I have a post-ban (as if that matters anymore) MAK-90 that I bought new many years ago as a working weapon. I want to store it in my truck as a trunk/SHTF gun.

Now, for both storage as well as portability reasons, I'd like very much to install an underfolding stock on it. How can I do this? Can I do it myself?

MAK-90 with a stamped receiver.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:56:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 9:03:42 AM EDT by TheRealSundance]
You need a new trunnion installed, possibly welding up the old rivit holes. And finally you need to drill/cut folder hole.

I would look to buy an UF.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:58:59 AM EDT
Sell the MAK-90, buy an underfolder. You'll come out ahead.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:59:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 9:07:02 AM EDT by Zaphod]
Wow. It sure looks that way, doesn't it!

What about a decent SIDE folder?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:48:03 AM EDT

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:33:06 PM EDT
You could sell your MAK90 and probably get enough out of it to get one of the new century Yugo underfolders they look really nice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:53:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mak:


Is the length of pull on the stock adjusted to compensate for the added length of the hinge box?

Is the trigger easily accessible when the stock is folded?

Based upon price, I'm assuming these are better than Tapco. Why?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:14:16 PM EDT
They arent made of flimsy plastic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:14:16 PM EDT
That'll do it, yep!
Top Top