Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:23:14 PM EDT
Anybody have this scope and do you like it? I am thinking about this one for my Vepr. My Vepr is already a tack driver, I want to put a scope on it. Then I will be able to split hairs with the thing.

This is from Tantal's website:

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstpso.html

NEW: RUSSIAN PSO 8x42mm "V"
SPECIFICALLY FOR AK RIFLES
w/ ILLUMINATED DUAL GRADIENT HEIGHT BASED MILITARY RETICLE
Made in Belarus by Zenit

Designed specifically for use on Kalashnikov receivers, the Russian 8x42V high power PSO-1 is an enhanced version of the original sniper sight, and features crystal clear imagery via fully coated lenses and nitrogen filled internals. For improved light gathering under the most severe conditions, both the objective and the exit pupil tubes are an enlarged diameter. The new AK application clamp design increases riser height to allow the large 42mm objective to clear the rear sight base/sight leaf assembly of all AK variants, without the need for modifications, adapters, or removal of the sight leaf. The clamp also gives the end user 2 inches of added head room behind the sight, which adds increased comfort for a perfect eye relief. This scope is perfect for use on Vepr, Saiga, SAR series, "AK-103" clones, and is especially beneficial on the .308 versions which have extended ranges that beg for higher magnification solutions.

This sight comes in a high quality mil-spec medium gray hammer finish, and is shipped in either a nylon carrying case, or an original military SVD style web canvas cover (limited quantities) which can be used as an optics dust cover while the scope is still attached to the firearm. The military reticle has an extremely effective and useful height based rangefinder for dual use, with graduated scales for both standing figure and prone figure estimation combined in one design.
Also standard is the integral battery compartment for the AA standard battery. This is built in and trouble free, and allows illuminated reticle operation with one standard 1.5v AA battery. PSO 8x42V also has the original style front sliding sun shield and new rubber eye piece.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the little 4x20 on my Vepr and it works like a charm so I bet that one would be fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Should work great...but IMO 8x is a hellova lot of power for an AK scope.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top