Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:41:51 AM EDT
Bought a parts kit and realized the cleaning rod it came with has been cut and I do not have a full length cleaning rod.....

Anyone know where I can pick one up at?  Also, a 5.45 cleaning kit would be nice to have.

Would a .22 cal cleaning kit work ok with this?

BTW, this is a Polish kit
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I just went and looked at a few Polish kits and noticed on the pics that I saw, the cleaning rod is not long enough either to go from the end of the bore to the chamber???  WTF???

Someone help me out?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok, I just went and looked at a few Polish kits and noticed on the pics that I saw, the cleaning rod is not long enough either to go from the end of the bore to the chamber???  WTF???

Someone help me out?

Headlice, what a name! Yeah no problem I use a m16 cleaning kit you should be able to buy one at a gunshow or a Army Navy store, 5.45 and 5.56 I would not be able to tell the difference.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
dude, just go where everyone else goes, to the super K-vart store

www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=285
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The parts kit I bought was a Polish Tantal kit.  None of the kits at Kvar are for Tantals....  Does it matter???

Also, thanks on the tip for the .223 caliber

Can someone please tell me what is up with the short cleaning rod that came with my parts kit?  How am I supposed to push a patch down the barrel if the rod is not even long enough to go from the end of the barrel to the chamber?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The parts kit I bought was a Polish Tantal kit.  None of the kits at Kvar are for Tantals....  Does it matter???

Also, thanks on the tip for the .223 caliber

Can someone please tell me what is up with the short cleaning rod that came with my parts kit?  How am I supposed to push a patch down the barrel if the rod is not even long enough to go from the end of the barrel to the chamber?

Nobody here really worrys about AK cleanliness, use a 5.56 4 piece rod and you can clean a Krink to a 16 inch barrel
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
i use a bore snake
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i use a bore snake

excellent choice, no need to worry about length
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top