Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:19:00 AM EDT
I saw an article about wrapping an underfolder stock with paracord... Anyone know where it was??? It had pics and everything... Bought my cord, now cant find the stinkin article!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You da man! Its been a while since Ive seen it... Didnt remember what kind of stock it was, thought it was an underfolder, but its not... I might give it a shot, its cold outside, and I DID buy that paracord...
Thanks!

Quoted:
Is this the one?

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2478524#post2478524

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Badge 502, you gonna try this with your underfolder?  If yes please show us pics, I would like to do my UF Yugo as well if it will fit when folded up.  May have to do the end tucking inside the UF frame?  Only need one side done that way, cheek side that is.  Hhhmmm, nice project for cold ass day outside.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Well it's a cold ass day outside so I did the underfolder wrap.  I think it will work out just fine too.  Sure feels better than that cold steel on the cheek too!  I used all but 8" of (7) foot of cord.

Started the wrap this way and laid the end over into the "flute" on the stock.

Finished the wrap right in front of the back rivet.

Looks OK and feels great now, thanks guys for the idea!

Clears the receiver no problem when folded up.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning on doing this. The parachute cord is in the mail right now. I'll get some pictures for yo uguys as wel...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top