Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:33:23 AM EDT
I see it referenced in many threads and my search turned up negative.  Can someone explain it to me?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Put the weapon at your hip, put your thumb through the trigger guard.  Pull the weapon forward, this will fire the weapon, the recoil will push it back, and as long as you have forward pressure it will continue to fire.

It's actualy pretty retarded.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
www.powercustom.com/AKPages/videos/bumptime.jpg

With some practice you can do the same from your shoulder.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not always from the hip, I can do it with an AR from the shoulder.

What you do, is keep your index finger on the trigger. Holding the front grip with your other hand, pull the gun forward from the forgrip, discharging the gun. The recoil will push the gun backwards. But if you keep the foreward pulling pressure, it will find the fulcrum of the two sides, and fire rapidly, up to as fast, and sometimes faster than a registered machine gun.

Search google, there are websites with videos on how to do it.

Try it, its fun and attracts attention, sometimes good, sometimes bad. But its perfectly legal, its just a rapid pulling of the trigger.

Gets expensive though.

I remember the first time I bumped off my AK. It was my very first AK, a AMD63; full stock, 16 inch barrel, very accurate. I held both grips at about chest height. I was at a private range, where it was just a dirt berm to shoot into. Held the front grip and pulled it forward, let out a burst of about 4 rounds without even trying. I was hooked. When I drove back to the building to pay for range time, they asked what I had, I simply said an "AK" One of the farm hands said it was loud and  "pop pop pop pop" and grinned. Good times.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  I will try it when and if the ammo shortage draws down.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]
www.gunsnet.net/linx310/bump.htm

Here is a very informative link. BigAKFan

ETA: Retarded but VERY FUN!

Another cool bumpfiring link: www.ak-103.com/gallery.html 2nd from the top on the right.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top