Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:32:21 AM EDT
I have a thumbhole stock on my Romanian AK74.  I understand that if I want to put  a normal pistol grip and butt stock I have to go all the way to make it 922r compliant.  But what if I use another thumbhole stock?  I saw one,  a sythetic U.S. made.  Just a swap or do I still have to do all the other parts too?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#1]
no one knows?  really?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
as long as the stock you replace it with is another thumbhole stock it is ok. if said thumbhole stock is made in America you are removing a imported part and adding an american part so you should still be 100% compliant.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Does this even matter anymore after the sunset of the "evil features" ban?  I'm not sure either... but I think you can put whatever stockset you want on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Still a thumbhole, still legal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does this even matter anymore after the sunset of the "evil features" ban?  I'm not sure either... but I think you can put whatever stockset you want on it.

Wrong.  The AWB had nothing to do with 922 complience.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Right,   I meant to say any US made stockset (if the original is US also).  But could he put a US pistol grip on it and ditch the thumbhole?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Right,   I meant to say any US made stockset (if the original is US also).  But could he put a US pistol grip on it and ditch the thumbhole?

If you comply with 922r you can add a pistol grip, bayonet lug, and any other evil features you want.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Only if there is enough US parts on the rifle.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top