Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:32:21 AM EDT
I have a thumbhole stock on my Romanian AK74. I understand that if I want to put a normal pistol grip and butt stock I have to go all the way to make it 922r compliant. But what if I use another thumbhole stock? I saw one, a sythetic U.S. made. Just a swap or do I still have to do all the other parts too?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:45:52 AM EDT
no one knows? really?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:55:41 AM EDT
as long as the stock you replace it with is another thumbhole stock it is ok. if said thumbhole stock is made in America you are removing a imported part and adding an american part so you should still be 100% compliant.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:57:32 AM EDT
Does this even matter anymore after the sunset of the "evil features" ban? I'm not sure either... but I think you can put whatever stockset you want on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:59:38 AM EDT
Still a thumbhole, still legal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:00:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 7:00:44 AM EDT by TheRealSundance]

Originally Posted By mykrowyre:
Does this even matter anymore after the sunset of the "evil features" ban? I'm not sure either... but I think you can put whatever stockset you want on it.

Wrong. The AWB had nothing to do with 922 complience.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:59:24 AM EDT
Right, I meant to say any US made stockset (if the original is US also). But could he put a US pistol grip on it and ditch the thumbhole?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:51:03 AM EDT

Right, I meant to say any US made stockset (if the original is US also). But could he put a US pistol grip on it and ditch the thumbhole?

If you comply with 922r you can add a pistol grip, bayonet lug, and any other evil features you want.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:49:56 AM EDT

Only if there is enough US parts on the rifle.
Top Top