Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:40:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 5:16:37 AM EDT by MIL_D0T]
Recently purchased a Vector AK and am trying to figure out the country of origin for parts used in it's making. One thing is for sure... it is a parts gun as none of the #'s match. This is a beautiful rifle though... Underfolder (milled arms) , wood furniture , etc. Appears to use old style bayo as well. There is a Z prefix to # on front trunion (no circle-11's or anything like that.) Throughout rifle there are a number of what appear to be an M , V & I super-imposed on top of each other forming an odd symbol. Also, there is a a lower case y in a circle (on barrel.) Bunch of other stampings on barrel as well... triangle w/letters, squares, etc. Oh, rear sight uses an "n" for battle sight zero postion. None of the markings match anything I have seen on web resources. Hoping theres an expert out there that can educate an AK newb. I would surely appreciate. Thanx in advance.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:16:40 AM EDT
Sounds like E. German, or at least the rear sight. They used the N battle sight setting. My EG kit has a year code first on the trunnion though ("72 U..."), so that might rule out your trunnion as EG. The Hungarians generally had a two-letter prefix from what I've seen ("EX 4839"). Doesn't sound Romanian.

Could be a mix of parts origin, especially with the mis matched #'s.. If you can take detailed pics of things like gas block, front sight base, bolt carrier, top cover, proof marks, it could help identify, but I say just shoot it and have fun.,
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:23:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 9:44:00 AM EDT by 1Gunner]
M , V & I is the cyrillic "zhe" letter
Top Top