Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:46:47 PM EDT
Hey Folks,
I'm usually on the AR or M-16 full auto forum but I need some advice from the AK Pro's.
I have a SAR-1 that ran great for a couple of years and then almost overnight it developed a problem that's got me stumped. The gun will always run the first mag o.k. and usually on the second mag it starts hanging up in the all the way back position. It's not short stroking, the gas port is clear. The return spring seems to still be pretty stout. I first thought that it was dragging on the mag as it was stripping a round and going into battery but it stops going forward before it touches the mag and even the hammer. This thing sticks all the way back. All you have to do is give the charging handle a slight pull and let it go and it will strip a round and load perfectly. The only way that I can recreate this problem at home is to pull the bolt all the way back and pull the trigger and the hammer pops up enough to stop the bolt from going forward. All I can think is that the trigger is getting pulled while the bolt's all the way back. If I do a function test, the disconector works fine. I hold the trigger down, cock the gun and when I release the trigger there is a click and then if you pull it it releases fine. Got any clues. It has a R.S.A. trigger in it and no rubber buffer.
Thanks in advance for any clues,
Base-Rigger
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
take the top cover off

manually cycle the bolt all the way back and look to see if the bottom of the bolt front is hitting the hammer on the return to battery in such as way that the hammer profile is stopping the bolt.  

If it is the only thing I can think of is to use a buffer to give a little extra power on the return and to reduce the space the bolt has to contact the rear of the hammer top profile.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to agree.  This may be one of the very rare instances where I might recommend a buffer to correct a problem.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
As I don't have an RSA FCG, I can see now that the profile is such that hangups should not really occur, that RSA hammer profile is totally superior to the G2, so the adjustments should work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top