Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 6:21:13 PM EDT
I am buying a Romanian SAR-1 and would like to put all the goodies on it.  I would like to make the rifle look like an "authentic" AK.  Things I am thinking of are the bayonet and lug, threaded barrel, brake or flash suppressor and magazines.  My questions are how hard is it to switch a non lug gas chamber for a lugged one?  What size should I tread the barrel and which brake or flash suppressor is the best choice to make it look authentic?  Which bayonet is most widely used with the Romanian version? Which drums and 30rd mags are the best functioning and easiest to load?   Sorry for all the questions on one post but hopefully the AK experts and help.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome To The Dark Side! Some SAR1s had an undersized muzzle while others are the correct diameter for threading 14-1 LH.You'll need the 14-1 LH Die and bore alignment tool,slant brake and detent and spring to complete the muzzle stage of your conversion.I've never changed out a gas block but you don't really have to,In Range can weld up a neutered bayonet lug and reshape it.Find a Romanian AKM bayonet and you're all set.

Any steel Com Bloc 30 round mags are good,Romanian 75 round drums are good but the Chinese 75 rounders are easier to load.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top