Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:17:35 PM EDT
I bought a Century Arms M-70 underfolder.  Does anyone have anything to say good or bad about them?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The search feature can be your friend. Here are just a couple that it returned.
Century Yugo
Century Yugo
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Since I am from SD, I won't be a trout and tell you to search....
I just bought a Yugo M70AB from Century a week ago. I was going to buy a Vector under-folder but I prefer the Yugo variant. It has a longer length of pull, night sights, grenade launcher sight/gas shutoff*which I fully intend to use* polished bolt and push button top cover to make assembly easier. Plus, its built on a RPK reciever which adds rigidity and aids in accuracy. The downside of the Yugo, atleast compared to the Vector is weight. The Yugo is heavier, but I don't mind since it aborbs recoil a little better. Also, the Yugo has the straight "European" folder as opposed to the slanted "Asian" style. A straight line stock is always better for rapid fire. Asian style under folders have a tendency to aid in muzzle jump. Accuracy from my Century M70 is better than any 7.62 AK I have ever owned.The trigger is also superior, but I will likely mod it out for further improvements. I also added a recoil buffer as this makes rapid fire much more

controllable and effective, not to mention negates some of the punishment from the underfolder. My only complaint is excess weight, which is a blessing and a curse. I HAD to have a Vector underfolder, until I did a side by side comparo.....I walked out with the Yugo, for the reasons mentioned above and it has the "hard factor". Nothing against the Vector, which is a fine weapon, I just think the Yugo has more going for it. If you buy one, make sure the dealer didn't poach the Yugo bolt hold open magazines, as they commonly do. Look for a rasied ridge on the back of the follower, it should come with 2 of these. What part of SD are you from? I am up here in North Eastern South Dakota. If you have any more specific q's IM me and I would be happy to take some pics of my gun and targets/group sizes. Buy one, you will not be disapointed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top