Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 5:46:55 AM EDT
Well I picked up my 1st AK last night its a romainian make It shoots well, there is an obvious difference in quality of manufacturing between it and my colt AR15 but I still like it.

http://www.undercaranswers.com/aaron/ak47-1.jpg
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
there is an obvious difference in quality of manufacturing between it and my colt AR15 but I still like it.

LOL, your comparing a bottom line AK to an upper line AR ...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#2]
A definite difference...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
obviously but im not only talking about build quality Im talking about little things like how the damn saftey rides on the receiver , But like I said im not trying to start another AR vs AK war there are enough of them on here I only paid $400 for the thing and Im happy with it, it goes bang and puts the bullets where I want them to go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it goes bang and puts the bullets where I want them to go.

that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome To The Dark Side! This comes with a warning,AKs are actually more addictive than ARs!You'll be thinking about your next one before you burn all the cosmoline out of this one
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Welcome To The Dark Side! This comes with a warning,AKs are actually more addictive than ARs!You'll be thinking about your next one before you burn all the cosmoline out of this one

it's kind of amazing.  My first WASR, which was like this one, was soaked in Cosmoline (before I even knew what cosmo was, I thought it was thick lubricant) on the inside was never cleaned from the day I took it home from the fun show.  4 years later, 4000 rounds later, I decided to open it up....

but it never gave me a hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's no Joke!!  Since I bought my first AK, (well, not the one I bought way back in '82), I've been so excited at the prospect of acquiring a nice AK collection.  

So far, I've got a gorgeous SLR-100 (Gordon Tech.), an Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine and, coming in shortly, an SSR-85C-2.  My next AK will be an underfolder.  Which one?  I haven't decided yet.  I only wish I had gotten into "the game" years ago.  At that time, I thought ARs were the only rifle worth buying.  What a "turn-around!"

Bud
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
By the way, good looking rifle.  Congrats!  Looks similar to what "TURRICAN" had for sale on the EE boards.

Bud
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top