AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2006 12:37:14 PM EDT
Sure kicks like a magnum!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
ahhh the little blue box of pain

i usually save the silver bear's for when i carry. when im at the range punching holes in paper,..or whatever is out there i just go with a regular FMJ.

BTW. you can order new heavier springs from Makarov .com to help with the recoil,...i have a pair of 19lb springs on the way,....ill let you know how much they help once i get them.

what kinda Makarov(s) you got?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
992-1037 fps according to North Bender who did extensive testing on a ton of various brands.  Pretty hefty performance for a 115 gr bullet.  Factory (Russian military) load is 1037 fps with a 94gr bullet.  Very few fmj brands can meet the factory spec.

For about the best stats on 9x18 ammo, see:

www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=110185
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Bulgarian...I save the Silver Bears for defense also, I maily shoot Wolf. Much milder!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I also use the Silver Bear 115gr as a defense load in my Mak. I would suggest getting a heavier spring installed as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I also use the Silver Bear 115gr as a defense load in my Mak. I would suggest getting a heavier spring installed as well.

+1. I use 21lb springs in all my Maks and they feed/fire everything w/o a bobble.
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't realize it was a hot load.  One afternoon I put 1450 rounds of that Silver Bear through one of my Maks.  Wrists hurt a little the next day, but I just thought that was normal.  Talk about fun.  I really cut my group size down with that much practice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I didn't realize it was a hot load.  One afternoon I put 1450 rounds of that Silver Bear through one of my Maks.  Wrists hurt a little the next day, but I just thought that was normal.  Talk about fun.  I really cut my group size down with that much practice.

wow, 1450 rounds in one day through a small handgun and no hiccups?

must be the AK of handguns.

I really need to get one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:

wow, 1450 rounds in one day through a small handgun and no hiccups?

must be the AK of handguns.

I really need to get one.

Not just one day, it was in a couple hours, and I only had 1 mag.  My thumb was sore for a week from all the loading.  Not a single problem all day, and that gun had had at least 500 rounds through it before that with no cleaning in between.

They are the AK of handguns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
i have a russian and bulgy

and today the bulgy was retired as my carry gun for a .45,....after i shot of a few mags out of the new carry gun i unloaded a clip of the silver bear's,...it was just getting dark and man,..talk about feel nice and a killer flash with that fireball off the working end of it

i still have the stock 17lbs springs on both,..as i am awaiting replacements to arrive.

but i have never had any problems with either pistol,..well one in the russian,...bad ammo that need to be struck a second time to fire. but thats the only hiccup i have ever had.

i love my AK's and these little Makarov's are great companions for the rifles i love.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top