Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:49:33 AM EDT
After cleaning my barrel i noticed there is still some small fragments of grime circling in the barrel. Defenitly noticable under a light..Im wondering should i worry about this and clean it a 3rd time? or blow it out?

specs.

Vepr k.

conditioner III oil.

standard rod.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:57:19 AM EDT
Get a Boresnake and run it through the barrel 3-4 times, that should get anything like powder, etc. that is in the barrel.

If you still have bits of stuff in the barrel you might take a hard look at the method you have been using to clean the barrel...i.e are you using a properly sized patch? Maybe patches that are falling apart (lint, fluff) and that is waht you have in the barrel?

Let us know what you find...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:01:38 AM EDT
Some people like to use the cleaning rod in both directions when cleaning the barrel. I clean my barrel in the direction the bullet travels. I tell people when cleaning their barrels, "Guys this isn't liposuction"!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:39:39 PM EDT
Try making a homemade Electric Bore Cleaner
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:00:22 PM EDT
Just made one this past weekend. Varied only by using a volt meter to inspect for shorting of barrell to rod running the length of the bore (as opposed to using the flash light bulb) also used a 1.7 volt 300 ma cell phone charger that I wasnt using. I could not believe the amount of gunk that came out. The rod down the center of the barrell was dirty and the amonia/vinegar/water solution was aqua blue (indicating the presence of CU in the bore.

Top Top