Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:49:33 AM EDT
After cleaning my barrel i noticed there is still some small fragments of grime circling in the barrel. Defenitly noticable under a light..Im wondering should i worry about this and clean it a 3rd time? or blow it out?

specs.

Vepr k.

conditioner III oil.

standard rod.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a Boresnake and run it through the barrel 3-4 times, that should get anything like powder, etc. that is in the barrel.

If you still have bits of stuff in the barrel you might take a hard look at the method you have been using to clean the barrel...i.e are you using a properly sized patch?  Maybe patches that are falling apart (lint, fluff) and that is waht you have in the barrel?

Let us know what you find...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Some people like to use the cleaning rod in both directions when cleaning the barrel.  I clean my barrel in the direction the bullet travels.   I tell people when cleaning their barrels, "Guys this isn't liposuction"!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Try making a homemade Electric Bore Cleaner
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Just made one this past weekend.  Varied only by using a volt meter to inspect for shorting of barrell to rod running the length of the bore (as opposed to using the flash light bulb) also used a 1.7 volt 300 ma cell phone charger that I wasnt using.  I could not believe the amount of gunk that came out.  The rod down the center of the barrell was dirty and the amonia/vinegar/water solution was aqua blue (indicating the presence of CU in the bore.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top