Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:16:42 AM EDT
How easy is it to remove an AK104 front sight/gas manifold to access the gas port?  Would removing it damage the finish?  Thanks for any thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How easy is it to remove an AK104 front sight/gas manifold to access the gas port? Require tools, and a bit of experience. Would removing it damage the finish? Yes. Most likely. Thanks for any thoughts.

I have this assembly at home. It is easy to dick up the finish. I already have. And I haven't done much. I am getting it refinished once fully assembled though. So it should be okay afterwards.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]
It can definately be done in the home workshop but the finish is going to get screwed up, I had to use a torch to heat mine enough to tap it off but I was refinishing the rifle anyway ...

Why do you need to access the gas port?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It can definately be done in the home workshop but the finish is going to get screwed up, I had to use a torch to heat mine enough to tap it off but I was refinishing the rifle anyway ...

Why do you need to access the gas port?

ditto. just curious. using it on other rifle?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top