Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
But you guys are suggesting that Ruseller shouldn't have to follow the rules simply because he has neat stuff that you really, really want.

Ditto.

Suck it the fuck up. He broke the rules, he pays the price.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Another thread worth paying attention to.............

P.S. A hunski a month is OK if you're selling lot's o' stuff but what if you just sell a teeny weeny amount?

He didn't even have a $24 a year membership, why is everyone defending him?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to have to say, 100$/mo for advertising is chump change.  1200$/year sounds expensive, but really, especially on high markup items like rare anything, it's not enough to quibble over.  On the other hand, I could see a legit need for a "home dealer" or whatever level, at X$(<1200)/year, which allows small time sales (which I'm really not sure how to quantify).  And that's where I see the problem, how do you differentiate between a "small time dealer" and a "big time dealer"?  $sales?  How do you count?  # of posts?  What does that mean?  If dealer one posts 100 times, and gets 10 sales, why should he pay as much as dealer two, who posted once and got those same 10 sales?
Hopefully site staff are smarter than I am.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But you guys are suggesting that Ruseller shouldn't have to follow the rules simply because he has neat stuff that you really, really want.

Ditto.

Suck it the fuck up. He broke the rules, he pays the price.

I'm suggesting that perhaps some communication was in order before the summary lock and ban.

We've all heard ad nauseum of how rough it is to be a pitEE mod, but they've long since gone to tightass buttonpolisher heaven in there, and done so with a particularly snotty holier-than-thou attitude that cannot but lose us sources for all sorts of groovy shit.

And at that point, once the EE is just the same shit day after day (ie: the same old price-fixers and zeppelin-head mods) it will be the Arfcom community that will have to suck it up.

Check out Thornton's graveyard.. He knows.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm suggesting that perhaps some communication was in order before the summary lock and ban.

We've all heard ad nauseum of how rough it is to be a pit mod, but they've long since gone to tightass buttonpolisher heaven in there, and done so with a particularly snotty holier-than-thou attitude that cannot but lose us sources for all sorts of groovy shit.

And at that point, once the EE is just the same shit day after day (ie: the same old price-fixers and zeppelin-head mods) it will be the Arfcom community that will have to suck it up.

Check out Thornton's graveyard.. He knows.

I don't know...

Sturm runs a pretty tight EE board and there is no shortage of cool shit there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We've all heard ad nauseum of how rough it is to be a pit mod, but they've long since gone to tightass buttonpolisher heaven in there, and done so with a particularly snotty holier-than-thou attitude that cannot but lose us sources for all sorts of groovy shit.

Agreed.

But we've allowed it to occur. Why make an exception for this individual? All or nothing.

Personally i tihnk the attitude needs to go to. However, It's not my site.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's not my site.

Nor mine.. I guess that's what it boils down to.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess I just don;t understand why the EE dealer membership has to be $100/month period. Team membership and banner ads should pay for the majority of the operating costs. Being able to post on the precious EE just doen't seem like a $100/month thing...

Heres the Huge difference...There are 60,000 posts in the AR EE to about 6000 in the ak side.

There is little or no dealers that really do both. In fact I can't think of one.

My membership was not a payment for services. It was a donation to a site that I enjoy because I can find the odd stuff.

Its not that Russeller deserves to be treated different, its that it inconveniences me when he posts his ads elsewhere.

I would guess that you get vey little revenue from AK parts/rifle vendors and a tremendous amount from AK loving team members.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess I just don;t understand why the EE dealer membership has to be $100/month period. Team membership and banner ads should pay for the majority of the operating costs. Being able to post on the precious EE just doen't seem like a $100/month thing...

Heres the Huge difference...There are 60,000 posts in the AR EE to about 6000 in the ak side.

There is little or no dealers that really do both. In fact I can't think of one.

My membership was not a payment for services. It was a donation to a site that I enjoy because I can find the odd stuff.

Its not that Russeller deserves to be treated different, its that it inconveniences me when he posts his ads elsewhere.

I would guess that you get vey little revenue from AK parts/rifle vendors and a tremendous amount from AK loving team members.

This site makes more money from AR related memberships than AK related memberships, so how would it benefit them to give special concessions to an AK parts vendor?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's one website. I don't see what the point is.

So if they got more revenue off of the "rifles and shotguns" than off the "everything else", that means the rifle and shotgun folks should pay less?

It's one webpage. One pricing structure.

I really don't see your point on this one. If may be an inconvenience to you if he posts other places. But this isn't a place that pays sellers....sellers pay the website.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#13]
My point is that the Two sections are independant and severable. While there is some crossover, most of the AK guys don't even go over to the AR side.

The AR site has a ton of traffic, A huge volume of new parts and accessories sold etc.

The AK side has a very small group of vendors and low traffic. There is not a unlimited supply chain for their parts.

Its kind of like charging Wal-Mart and an Antique store the same price for a business license.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...AND the money is NOT the key issue. If you want to blame anyone, think back to February when someone from another board was bringing in contraban, and was arrested....Thank THEM!

Guys, trust me starting a shitstorm will help nobody. ....again...

We are working on this in the staff forum.

back in feb i was still in iraq. so i know nothing of this,...

however i should apoligise,..my cracks about money did come off a bit on the wise ass side,..for that i am sorry.

i think there could have been a better way to to deal with this. locking the thread was understandable,...however i do not see the logic in booting him off the site.

as far as the paid member thing.
i was reading the AK build it yourself board for at least two months before i became a member,...i was a regular member for three to four months before i got a paid membership,.which i did because i thought this was a good sight for AK info and hard to find parts.

i am pretty disapointed in the site for the way this was handled,...i would not have joined this site if this had happened before i payed my membership fee. the seller in that post is a  guy i trust to make good on his word,..who goes thru alot of B.S.  to get us what we want. it is very fustrating to see this go down the way it did.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Its kind of like charging Wal-Mart and an Antique store the same price for a business license.

So where do you suggest the line be drawn? At what point should the vendor be considered a "big" vendor versus a "small" vendor? The bottom line is that Russeller paid for NO membership, so there is no question about whether or not he should have had vendor privileges.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I've no dog in this fight, but am interested in one element of the discussion.

I have seen offers in the past in various places for parts, mags, etc from foreign countries.  I've never ordered anything that way as I was not comfortable with the legality.

I thought the importation of military firearms, parts and components was covered by the Arms Export Control Act of 1976.  Under that Act there is the United States Munitions List.   I have included below some relevant portions of that Act.  It would seem that high cap mags for military weapons would fall under the Act's definition of a "component" and would be regulated by the Act. (edited to add:  arguably the mags could also fall under the "accessories and attachments section.)

It appears that an import license is required for most parts, including mags.  Of course, I could be reading this wrong, and there may be a better reading/opinion out there.  I would love to be wrong and feel comfortable about ordering.

( The following sections of the Act are excerpted in part and not in their entirety.)

Arms Export Control Act of 1976 (P.L. 90-629)

(1) In furtherance of world peace and the security and foreign policy of the United States, the President is authorized to control the import and the export of defense articles and defense services and to provide foreign policy guidance to persons of the United States involved in the export and import of such articles and services. The President is authorized to designate those items which shall be considered as defense articles and defense services for the purposes of this section and to promulgate regulations for the import and export of such articles and services. The items so designated shall constitute the United States Munitions List.

(2) Except as otherwise specifically provided in regulations issued under subsection (a)(1), no defense articles or defense services designated by the President under subsection (a)(1) may be exported or imported without a license for such export or import, issued in accordance with this Act and regulations issued under this Act, except that no license shall be required for exports or imports made by or for an agency of the United States Government (A) for official use by a department or agency of the United States Government, or (B) for carrying out any foreign assistance or sales program authorized by law and subject to the control of the President by other means.

TITLE 22--FOREIGN RELATIONS

CHAPTER I--DEPARTMENT OF STATE

PART 121--THE UNITED STATES MUNITIONS LIST--Table of Contents

Sec. 121.1  General. The United States Munitions List.

(a) The following articles, services and related technical data are
designated as defense articles and defense services pursuant to sections
38 and 47(7) of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2778 and
2794(7)). Changes in designations will be published in the Federal
Register. Information and clarifications on whether specific items are
defense articles and services under this subchapter may appear
periodically in the Defense Trade News published by the Center for
Defense Trade.

Category I--Firearms

*(a) Nonautomatic, semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms to
caliber .50 inclusive, and all components and parts for such firearms.
(See Sec. 121.9 and Secs. 123.16-123.19 of this subchapter.)
   (b) Riflescopes manufactured to military specifications, and
specifically designed or modified components therefor; firearm silencers
and suppressors, including flash suppressors.
   *(c) Insurgency-counterinsurgency type firearms or other weapons
having a special military application (e.g. close assault weapons
systems) regardless of caliber and all components and parts therefor.

Sec. 121.8  End-items, components, accessories, attachments, parts, firmware, software and systems.

(a) An end-item is an assembled article ready for its intended use.
Only ammunition, fuel or another energy source is required to place it
in an operating state.
   (b) A component is an item which is useful only when used in
conjunction with an end-item. A major component includes any assembled
element which forms a portion of an end-item without which the end-item
is inoperable. (Example: Airframes, tail sections, transmissions, tank
treads, hulls, etc.) A minor component includes any assembled element of
a major component.
   (c) Accessories and attachments are associated equipment for any
component, end-item or system, and which are not necessary for their
operation, but which enhance their usefulness or effectiveness.
(Examples: Military riflescopes, special paints, etc.)
   (d) A part is any single unassembled element of a major or a minor
component, accessory, or attachment which is not normally subject to
disassembly without the destruction or the impairment of design use.
(Examples: Rivets, wire, bolts, etc.)

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I've no dog in this fight, but am interested in one element of the discussion.

I have seen offers in the past in various places for parts, mags, etc from foreign countries.  I've never ordered anything that way as I was not comfortable with the legality.

I thought the importation of military firearms, parts and components was covered by the Arms Export Control Act of 1976.  Under that Act there is the United States Munitions List.   I have included below some relevant portions of that Act.  It would seem that high cap mags for military weapons would fall under the Act's definition of a "component" and would be regulated by the Act. (edited to add:  arguably the mags could also fall under the "accessories and attachments section.)

It appears that an import license is required for most parts, including mags.  Of course, I could be reading this wrong, and there may be a better reading/opinion out there.  I would love to be wrong and feel comfortable about ordering.

( The following sections of the Act are excerpted in part and not in their entirety.)

Arms Export Control Act of 1976 (P.L. 90-629)

(1) In furtherance of world peace and the security and foreign policy of the United States, the President is authorized to control the import and the export of defense articles and defense services and to provide foreign policy guidance to persons of the United States involved in the export and import of such articles and services. The President is authorized to designate those items which shall be considered as defense articles and defense services for the purposes of this section and to promulgate regulations for the import and export of such articles and services. The items so designated shall constitute the United States Munitions List.

(2) Except as otherwise specifically provided in regulations issued under subsection (a)(1), no defense articles or defense services designated by the President under subsection (a)(1) may be exported or imported without a license for such export or import, issued in accordance with this Act and regulations issued under this Act, except that no license shall be required for exports or imports made by or for an agency of the United States Government (A) for official use by a department or agency of the United States Government, or (B) for carrying out any foreign assistance or sales program authorized by law and subject to the control of the President by other means.

TITLE 22--FOREIGN RELATIONS

CHAPTER I--DEPARTMENT OF STATE

PART 121--THE UNITED STATES MUNITIONS LIST--Table of Contents

Sec. 121.1  General. The United States Munitions List.

(a) The following articles, services and related technical data are
designated as defense articles and defense services pursuant to sections
38 and 47(7) of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2778 and
2794(7)). Changes in designations will be published in the Federal
Register. Information and clarifications on whether specific items are
defense articles and services under this subchapter may appear
periodically in the Defense Trade News published by the Center for
Defense Trade.

Category I--Firearms

*(a) Nonautomatic, semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms to
caliber .50 inclusive, and all components and parts for such firearms.
(See Sec. 121.9 and Secs. 123.16-123.19 of this subchapter.)
   (b) Riflescopes manufactured to military specifications, and
specifically designed or modified components therefor; firearm silencers
and suppressors, including flash suppressors.
   *(c) Insurgency-counterinsurgency type firearms or other weapons
having a special military application (e.g. close assault weapons
systems) regardless of caliber and all components and parts therefor.

Sec. 121.8  End-items, components, accessories, attachments, parts, firmware, software and systems.

(a) An end-item is an assembled article ready for its intended use.
Only ammunition, fuel or another energy source is required to place it
in an operating state.
   (b) A component is an item which is useful only when used in
conjunction with an end-item. A major component includes any assembled
element which forms a portion of an end-item without which the end-item
is inoperable. (Example: Airframes, tail sections, transmissions, tank
treads, hulls, etc.) A minor component includes any assembled element of
a major component.
   (c) Accessories and attachments are associated equipment for any
component, end-item or system, and which are not necessary for their
operation, but which enhance their usefulness or effectiveness.
(Examples: Military riflescopes, special paints, etc.)
   (d) A part is any single unassembled element of a major or a minor
component, accessory, or attachment which is not normally subject to
disassembly without the destruction or the impairment of design use.
(Examples: Rivets, wire, bolts, etc.)

Nope, check here-

www.atf.gov/firearms/feib/guidebook/FEIB-GB.pdf

Its a big PDF, so might be easier to right click and save as....

Basically see page 37... It talks about the $100 rule.

Its says:

"Generally, an ATF FORM 6 pt 1 (import permit) is needed to import firearms, ammunition and implements of war in the United States. However, the following list includes several noted exceptions to this requirement-

(Such exceptions do not always apply to NFA weapons).

11>  Minor components and parts for Catagory 1(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) and complete breech mechinisms, when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any single transaction.

A catagory 1 firearm is a title 1.. Basically any non restricted semi auto.. Since its a legal semi auto, the deal about NFA weapons doesnt apply.

The copy on the ATF website (see link above) has not been updated since the AW ban went away.. Its still lists hicaps as restricted for import to LEO only...

I have sent allot of packages from Germany to the US.. Containing stock sets, mags, etc.. Some have been opened by the ATF and sent on their way.. Only ones I had returned were only because I forgot to put the value on them..

The member (s) on the other board that was arrested was not arrested for importing minor stuff like mags, stock sets, and the like.. They were arrested for importing, possessing and selling live machine guns.. Big difference..

If you want to get all upity about the rules, why not go after all the people selling obviously stolen Gov't property on the EE? Stuff like Military only items, batteries that come in the same packaging the Military buys them in and sold for less then what it takes to make them at the factory, Previously unknown dealers popping up with Colt barrels/uppers that are almost impossible to get from the factory, and they are selling them for less then it costs to buy them , Guys selling Military items, and having websites with Ft.Cambell PO boxes, I could go on..

Finally, $600 is a little high for a small slice of the AK market.. Regardless of how many people visit the site, how many visit the AK side? How many are interested in buying a 1955 dated leather AK sling? Its not like other dealers selling 1000s of AK kits for 3x what they bought them for... There should be some middle ground..... I know one of the only reasons I bought a gold team membership is because I sell allot on the EE...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
wasn't there a warning about a ruseller here not long ago?

I jhave searched - Warning, and Beware, and nothing, but I could swear we had a warning or heads-up on a seller going by ...........

ruseller

No?

Resume: EE Rules flamefest    
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wasn't there a warning about a ruseller here not long ago?

I jhave searched - Warning, and Beware, and nothing, but I could swear we had a warning or heads-up on a seller going by ...........

ruseller

No?

Resume: EE Rules flamefest    

Yes,there was a warning posted by someone who did'nt understand how long it takes a package to go from Russia to Germany and on to the US.The Guy who started the thread recieved his package and was happy.The items Andrei had posted on the EE were already in the US and ready to ship,I recieved my package three days after my order was placed.Andrei was not listing alot of stuff,he had eight types of rare magazines.Alot less than several other non-paying members post on the EE on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:41:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So where do you suggest the line be drawn? At what point should the vendor be considered a "big" vendor versus a "small" vendor? The bottom line is that Russeller paid for NO membership, so there is no question about whether or not he should have had vendor privileges.

I'll buy him a Bronze membership if it helps.

What's funny is that he doesn't even have anything that I want....yet. He makes cool stuff available that would otherwise not be, and I was happy to see him posting stuff here. There's a reason that people are standing up for him. I think he's taking considerable risk in his home country as well.

Quoted:
It appears that an import license is required for most parts, including mags. Of course, I could be reading this wrong, and there may be a better reading/opinion out there. I would love to be wrong and feel comfortable about ordering.

Read the ad. The mags listed are already in the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:59:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have an opinion on this but it's not going to be popular.

I was wondering when this was going to happen. Ruseller used to have his stuff on ebay, then switched to gunbroker, and now it looks like he is going to have his own site eventually.

He was "invited" to this board to respond to the negative thread about him, not to start selling stuff. His threads selling stuff popped up a few weeks later.

The CoC is very clear. I scrupulously avoid BTT violations when I sell stuff; I answer questions via IM and email and edit the original post with any modified info.

Stottman follows the rules. All the other guys follow the rules. Guys that don't follow the rules get their pee-pee whacked, rightfully so. But you guys are suggesting that Ruseller shouldn't have to follow the rules simply because he has neat stuff that you really, really want.

Hell, I want his stuff. I have a very large order in limbo somewhere since this summer. But that's fine, I can wait.

Ruseller needs to follow the rules. He should get a vendor account. No one here is "special".

+1

Now thats only fair to the dealers that are paying the fees. Anything short of that is fucking them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Typical. Got the AR guys coming over here to throw in their 2 cents on something that has no impact or relevance to them. Just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What's funny is that he doesn't even have anything that I want....yet. He makes cool stuff available that would otherwise not be, and I was happy to see him posting stuff here. There's a reason that people are standing up for him. I think he's taking considerable risk in his home country as well.

You are right, there is a reason people are standing up for him. It's because they want to have access to his product. That does not change anything. He was acting as a vendor without paying as a vendor. Plain and simple. If the staff can come up with a small business dealer membership, then great. Until then, NO-PAY, NO-PLAY.

Quoted:

Now thats only fair to the dealers that are paying the fees. Anything short of that is fucking them.

+1, it's not fair that everyone else have to follow the rules but make an exception for one person because you personally like his product.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are right, there is a reason people are standing up for him. It's because they want to have access to his product. That does not change anything. He was acting as a vendor without paying as a vendor. Plain and simple. If the staff can come up with a small business dealer membership, then great. Until then, NO-PAY, NO-PLAY.

This sounds like something shady to me. If hes taking a risk importing to the US and from Russia.

Yes,there was a warning posted by someone who did'nt understand how long it takes a package to go from Russia to Germany and on to the US.The Guy who started the thread recieved his package and was happy.The items Andrei had posted on the EE were already in the US and ready to ship,I recieved my package three days after my order was placed.Andrei was not listing alot of stuff,he had eight types of rare magazines.Alot less than several other non-paying members post on the EE on a regular basis.

Your skirting the real issue as to why he was locked.....It wasnt the volume that he was selling or the fact that he was selling hard to find parts.. The issue is this. HE BROKE THE RULES. He is a dealer theres no denying that and he was selling with out not just a dealer account but not even a team member account!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I ask Andrei to sell here ... Now I'm sorry I did .........
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
That isn't the point, that argument is like saying, "hey the gun was already fully auto."  The problem is that Ruseller will have to provide us with a Form 6 before he is allowed to have a Dealer's account.

Is this a requirement that ar15.com imposes on all dealers that sell AK parts and mags?

In the case of individually imported items, will he be required to provide ar15.com staff with the individual Form 6 for each sale that he makes that goes over the $100 value limit or meets the requirements detailed by the BATFE information posted earlier?

Are dealers that post machineguns on the EE require to provide ar15.com with a copy of their Form 3/Form 4 before posting them?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This sounds like something shady to me. If hes taking a risk importing to the US and from Russia.

From my understanding, exporting anything out of Russia tends to be risky. If you don't grease the right palms, your goods will likely dissapear on their way out of the country.

IIRC, he doesn't ship directly to the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I figured it out
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Typical. Got the AR guys coming over here to throw in their 2 cents on something that has no impact or relevance to them. Just arguing for the sake of arguing.

1. Look to the left of your post, then look at mine. They both say Team member.

2. AK47.net is not a sister site, its an alternative url. They are both the same website, owned and managed by the same people.

3. Rules are rules. I know you want preferential treatment, but I doubt that happens.

4.The relevant impact is that I have personal friends that pay the dealer fees to advertise and do business here. Is it really fair to fuck them???

5. I have AK's, AR's and FAL's. I'm no AR guy, Im a gun guy.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks Stottman, appreciate the info.  I missed that on the ATF site.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Aparently everyone else has too!

What constitutes a "Dealer"?Is just having stuff for sale making him a "Dealer",I don't think he has a business liscense in the US.Hell,he's only had one FS thread on the EE,if you'll take time to notice,there are alot of NON-Paying members who only use the EE,why are you just picking on Andrei?

Biggerstick,762Bodydropper we're not asking for any special treatment,we just want to know why Andrei is being singled out and how he could be considered a dealer with just one FS post.Also,the fact the mags are already in Country and Stottman has posted the article should void the import argument.Are you going to require Everyone who sells AK mags on the EE to prove they were legally imported?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aparently everyone else has too!

What constitutes a "Dealer"?Is just having stuff for sale making him a "Dealer",I don't think he has a business liscense in the US.Hell,he's only had one FS thread on the EE,if you'll take time to notice,there are alot of NON-Paying members who only use the EE,why are you just picking on Andrei?

Biggerstick,762Bodydropper we're not asking for any special treatment,we just want to know why Andrei is being singled out and how he could be considered a dealer with just one FS post. Also,the fact the mags are already in Country and Stottman has posted the article should void the import argument.Are you going to require Everyone who sells AK mags on the EE to prove they were legally imported?

OK, Johno, valid point. I guess what is needed first is to decide whether he should be considered a dealer or not, then figure out which set of rules he should follow, dealer or member. He should not, however, receive special treatment either way simply because he imports "special" things.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Here is the link to all the stuff that Andrei has for sale:

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=236820

It seems that a great many people have been perfectly able to buy a bunch of stuff from him in the past.

Is it too inconvenient to click on the link?

Tantal has all kinds of awesome goodies for sale, yet I have never seen him here posting on the EE, or anywhere else for that matter. Somehow he manages to get by.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Here is the link to all the stuff that Andrei has for sale:

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=236820

It seems that a great many people have been perfectly able to buy a bunch of stuff from him in the past.

Is it too inconvenient to click on the link?

Tantal has all kinds of awesome goodies for sale, yet I have never seen him here posting on the EE, or anywhere else for that matter. Somehow he manages to get by.

Andrei was offering items that he had In Country and ready to ship,to the Members.No one has ever came close to offering the same types of mags for the prices he was asking.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Look to the left of your post, then look at mine. They both say Team member.

2. AK47.net is not a sister site, its an alternative url. They are both the same website, owned and managed by the same people.

3. Rules are rules. I know you want preferential treatment, but I doubt that happens.

4.The relevant impact is that I have personal friends that pay the dealer fees to advertise and do business here. Is it really fair to fuck them???

5. I have AK's, AR's and FAL's. I'm no AR guy, Im a gun guy.

+1 on that CAV
If it were a guy selling AR parts would he have been treated the same? He is a dealer bottom line. Even JKiser is a dealer member and he sells VERY little off of here. But he wouldnt talk about his products even after someone posted it in the hometown forum, untill all the stuff on the ARFcom side was handled. And you guys are still skirting the facts. He's a dealer hes not selling stuff he has just laying around the house. He has 4 pages listed on gunbroker and you can go to him at almost any given time and say "Hey man I need xxxxx part" and hes gonna get it for you. Its not like "Cleaned out the closet and I am selling 4 bakelite mags, a 75 round drum and a fs/gas block combo." Now maybe he used to work at the molot factory and pilfered that stuff over a 40 year career and now he wants to get rid of it, but I doubt that. Denial is the first sign of addiction. Accept the fact that he is a dealer and help find a solution not loopholes to get around whats already in place.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#37]
This argument is going nowhere.  Feeding into people who enjoy arguing. I see valid points on both sides.  I'm unsubscribing to this thread.    

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#38]
this is a staff matter and it's being looked into. mmk
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top