Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:25:10 PM EDT
I have the basic rear trunion installed for fixed stocks, is it possible to convert the receiver to accept the folding AKSU stock?

-mark
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Pookies site. It involves cutting the reciever @ an angle, drilling for the forward latch and the rear trunnion, replace the trunnion,etc.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have the basic rear trunion installed for fixed stocks, is it possible to convert the receiver to accept the folding AKSU stock?

-mark

Yup, but you'll have to pop the rivits on the rear trunnion, have the folder holes cut on the receiver, and then re-rivit in the folder trunnion.

Another option is to find one of these:

s141369216.onlinehome.us/k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16737&cat=251&page=2

K-Var was selling them, but appears to be out.

Me, I'm not a fan because of the goofy block sticking out the back when folded, but it's an option that doesn't require receiver modifications.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the feedback.

I've seen those krink stocks you mentioned above, I'm also not a fan of it adding the extra length.

The reason I asked was because I got to handle a polish AKM build at the local fun show that had the SU stock, I was really impressed.  In any event I'll talk to Chris Butler, he's the one who built my 74, and see what he would charge.

thanks.

-mark
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top