User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I know for a fact that you can easily hold the slide closed on glock pistols.   Be sure to get the bets in hand before demonstrating...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Hanging or overdose has got to be easier...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#3]
With no recoil spring, even getting the round in the chamber would involve a manual operation.

I for one am not in the habit of pulling the bolt back and then having to shove it back forward in order to chamber the round (as this is normally done by the recoil spring is it not).

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
y'all may think this is funny...

but you could deffinitely put an eye out with that thing!!!

all joking assdide, I do think we are getting close to the answer.

the bolt carrier is propelled a lot by the gas on the piston. and the bullet has already reached almost full speed in the barrel IE the recoil has gone to the whole rifle already.

Still, the bolt carrier WILL accellerate the farther it goes, it will reach full speed just as it impactes into the trunion, which will either..(multiple choice)

A. Shear off the rivets... eventually

B. Send a shock wave dirrected into your shoulder with tremendouse kinetic energy, and hurt like @#$%#@$$#  all get out.

C. all of the above.

D.  duck tape the top cover on and hold the bolt handle foward with your hand.

E. hey guys, hold my bear and check this out this.

F. 911

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
With no recoil spring, even getting the round in the chamber would involve a manual operation.

I for one am not in the habit of pulling the bolt back and then having to shove it back forward in order to chamber the round (as this is normally done by the recoil spring is it not).

Mike

Were not worried about having to work the bolt by hand thats not the question. The question is "WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU FIRED IT WITHOUT A RECOIL SPRING"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this a potential Darwin Award thread!!!???
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, Ive never heard a more stupid question.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Can we move on now?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
It would leave a mark, but it would buff out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow, Ive never heard a more stupid question.

Stick around, it gets better.

Seriously, I don't think this would be catastrophic.  I wish I had an AK that I wasn't too fond of, I would definitely try it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top