Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 8:48:25 PM EDT
I have around $700 to spend right now on an AK clone. I'm torn between getting a lower or middle end rifle and a bunch of ammo and mags, or kicking in an extra $300 or so for a beautiful used but lnib InRange Krinkov. I'm afraid to pass up on the Krink because I'm sure the prices are going to keep increasing. Right?I can't make a decision and need some input. I see Krebs, Arsenal, Sar, Vepr, 7.62, 5.45 etc in my sleep. Help me out here, please!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont forget about AK USA (www.ak-103.com) or the Special Edition AK project that's going on right now. The SEAK is an AK-74 clone built from Bulgarian kits on an OOW receiver. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=58235&page=4 about 3/4 the way down the page.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:58:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You should give that money to me...Before your head spins all the way off...I take pay-pal, or money order..BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

With that kind of scratch may I suggest a nice pre-ban Chi-Com, Or the SEAK!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
i wish i could just get up and go buy a new ak but i live in california. glad i bought my mak90 right before they stopped selling. are mak90's still around?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I'm definitely leaning towards the 5.45 Krink, but who knows what the hell I'll actually do.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the idea of the krink.  Those little things are very sweet.  If not that, I'd like an AK clone in 7.62 because of the slightly cheaper ammo and variety of mags (drums!).  SEAK is good too if you already have a 7.62.  I was going to get one, but I have to use the money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd go for a pre-ban Chinese.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#8]
How about buying a SAR-1 AND a SAR-2, and mags - add a little ammo, and you're cooking in two fine calibers for your $700... They won't be around forever...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
georgestrings, that's one option that definitely bouncing around in the old cranial vault, kind of like a bb in a box car.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't go with a low-end AK.  

Sure, they all function pretty much the same, but almost everyone eventually (or quickly in my case) becomes dissatisfied with the finish/wood/etc. and then more spending will invariably accure.  

I would definately save youself the hassle and go with a higher quality AK from the start.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I am in favor of the idea of getting two Romys and accessorizing later.  I have close to 700 in my sar1 by now but it was over the course of last summer.  If you only want one rifle, get the SEAK in 5.45 or a 7.62 AK-USA rifle, they are converted saigas and are VERY NICE. As close to an actual ak-100 series rifle as you can get.  Whatever you get will probably go up in value, if you got two romys, and sold one of them in a couple of years you would be ahead.  Assuming some crap like HB 2038 gets passed that is.   I just don't see the govt making the ownership or importation of such weapons easier for us. I think getting a krink is cool, but you can always get one built.  The romys won't be around at the 300 price mark forever, they are already going up.  I am cursing myself for not getting an sar2 when I had the chance.  Oh well, just my .02
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I know I sound like a damn cheerleader for them sometimes, but honestly, the Arsenal Inc. line of rifles are the nicest over the counter AK's available, period.

If I had $700.00 I'd get the SA-M7S and a bunch of Bulgarian magazines (Polish synthetics from AIM are good too).
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#14]
"georgestrings, that's one option that definitely bouncing around in the old cranial vault, kind of like a bb in a box car."

Well, I'm certainly no AK expert, but to my way of thinking, the SAR-1 and -2's are getting scarce, are DEFINETELY going to go up in value, and by all accounts are good shooters - so, unless you already have another AK variant, to me it's a slam dunk... I bought a SAR-1 after looking for feedback here, and elsewhere, and I'm very happy with my purchase... It is more accurate than I thought it could be, has been 100% reliable with any mag I've used, and came with laminated furniture(which with a little work, cleaned up nicely - was pretty easy, actually)... Tell ya what - if I had the money to spare, I'd be all over a SAR-2 to add to my modest collection(before they disappear altogether) - gotta get a .308 battle rifle 1st, though(FAL here I come!!!)... JMO,

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
BTW, I wouldn't wait much longer, if I were you - the SAR's are rapidly drying up - especially the -2's... Just a thought...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#16]
FAL???? NOnononononono....get a cetme or a g3!!!  Actually get a G3 built by IGF and have the rifle that is the envy of all the friends and neighbors.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:22:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Boys, thanks for all the input and advice. I believe I've found what I'm looking for. InRange Krink from a private seller. I've been waiting for one of these to appear, and it looks like one has magically done so!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:20:08 AM EDT
[#18]
EamonnWright - Sounds sweet, bud!!! I'm sure you'll be real happy with it...

drew5337 - A Cetme is out of the question - I want an accurate .308 battle rifle... I don't know that much about the IGF built G3, but I'm thinking I can't go wrong with STG58 built by DSA or ORF - the FAL's rep for reliabilty, durability, and decent accuracy, plus tons of mag for CHEAP is calling my name... I'll look into that G3 you mentioned, though...

- georgestrings
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top