Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 2:23:49 PM EDT
Hey CAMPY,
I am in the middle of sealing a deal on a Norinco 84S non-folder and I was wondering if the .223 weapon makes a good candidate for a 5.45 conversion.
What are the problems associated with conversions like this?  I know the Chinese barrels are smaller in diameter than the bulgarian barrel (the trunnion journal)

lay it on me... good idea or bad?

I want to convert the Norinco 84S to a triangle folder in 5.45 cal. using a Bulgarian kit..

Tim
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
did I forget to mention that its a pre-ban?  BUAH HA HA!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Seal the deal.  I just did the same thing a month ago.  Since the Norinco front trunion has the serial number, it is not removed and the Bulgy barrel is turned down to fit the Chinese trunion.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
CAMPY, which of our noble smiths would you recommend to do this?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
and ... the plot thickens! Im psyched now!

Campy.. I would approach the barrel conversion as this.  Turn down the barrel to match the Trunnion on the 84s... Now saying that, explain the smaller lugged bolt thingy to me and how it relates to the lugs on the 84s trunnion..

show some pics of that conversion Raptor!! We need to see that man..

Tim
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
and ... the plot thickens! Im psyched now!

Campy.. I would approach the barrel conversion as this.  Turn down the barrel to match the Trunnion on the 84s... Now saying that, explain the smaller lugged bolt thingy to me and how it relates to the lugs on the 84s trunnion..

show some pics of that conversion Raptor!! We need to see that man..

Tim

What I meant was that I just bought a Norinco 84S.  I am trying to decide who to send it to for a Krink conversion.  The method I stated was the scenario mentioned by Troy Sellars of InRange C2.  I am trying to find out which method works best, enlarging the trunion hole or turning down the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Norinco 84s transformed into Bulgarian AKS-74. Every question you had earlier is answered in the picture. Built originally by The 4 Seasons Gunsmith...and made operational by Troy sellars of In-Range.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy mother of God!...

..That is a sweet rifle man! Could you post more pics of that rifle?!?  Other side please!

..Tell us what parts are needed for the conversion. All the details man! Play by play please.

Tim
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:39:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:15:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for that crucial info campy...So one of the parts that I will have to get is a Romanian AK74 bolt.  (writes that down)

Fistpoint, could you install a Bulgarian side rail mount on that baby and still have the stock fold correctly?

How is the mag-jiggle in that AKS-74? I have heard on here that the .223 rifle recievers make great conversion doners for a 5.45 but mag-jiggle is a concern with me.

Tim

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top