Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/17/2003 10:45:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2003 12:38:53 PM EDT by Jeepcreep]
So who's signing up? i always wanted to be a privatere. Do you think they get to fly a jolly roger?

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3136428.stm

edit to heat up link
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:36:57 AM EDT
Go ahead and sign up. But if you are captured do not expect the SEALS to spring you out nor the US Gov. Also, if captured you are most likely to be shot on site in most hot spots and you will not be given any favour or special handling by your captors. In the 60's and 70's in places like the old Rhodesia and such places, many mercenaries who were captured by the 3rd world combatants were executed on the spot and viewed just as vile as spies and whale shit. If you are not shot, you will most likely be held for life in a foul 3rd world jail and used as a "stress reliever" by your fellow inmates and captors. You ever wonder why they dont provide any medical insurance etc?? Once in and on the mission it seems like you will be quickly forgotten by your bosses if things go wrong... left to rot in a foriegn jail or killed like a rabid animal.
I had a opportunity to do something kinda like this in South America. When I actually thought about it I quickly turned the offer down. It was going to pay about $15,000 tax-free cash for a 1 month security op. guarding a presidents sons pad under construction. Your pick of weapons and equipment to use... all the perks. I got suspicious when they told me I would leave from Miami on a "fishing trip", picked up at sea and transported into the country from there... The hair on my neck raised up and I just knew it wouldnt be legal in some sort of way (duh!) "ummmm.. NO THANK YOU"

Tim
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:38:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:51:06 AM EDT
Executive Outcomes was the only legit private army. I think they have now folded after their backers pulled out while they were in Sierra Lione. Besides, most mercs are Germanic or Portuguese, if you don't speek either of those languages you will be left in a ditch somewhere when they leave you behind.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:16:38 PM EDT
I wouldn't mind getting a group of guys I know to go over to the big sand box. Off the record of coarse, it would be interesting at the least.

I would even bring my own weapons and equipment.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:32:17 PM EDT
A company called Dyncorp does alot of these "little" jobs for the U.S. goverment.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:24:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:28:01 PM EDT
Northbridge Services, I talked to these people about a job. Pay was like $85.000 to $150.000 tax free for a one year contract in Irag. there looking for people getting out of the military..
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:15:15 AM EDT
I know from experience how good this sounds to a young man full of piss and vinegar,but,these people definately don't have YOUR best interests in mind.To them you are expendable.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:24:38 PM EDT
I'm also pretty sure they don't hire Jow Bloe who just served 4 years in the Army as a mechanic. I think they are looking for guys coming out of SpecOps with lots of experience.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:15:12 PM EDT
Oooo yea, sounds good to me! Man, who wouldn't be drooling over a "security detail", guarding a president's son, any choice of weapons, illegal, sounds so top-secret. But when the SHTF, the SEALS won't look at you with good intentions... Count me out - I'll stick with my shabby video games thank you very much.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:56:55 PM EDT
I knew a guy that did that stuff. He showed me a lot of pictures and had the credentials to prove it. He spent a year in an African prison after getting shot. It changed him, he said. He lives in the Virgin Islands now.
Botactical sent me an E-mail about a job like that. I was wondering if a lot of people got that message? Sounds pretty shady.
Top Top