Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/10/2003 10:00:36 PM EDT
Ok, Im busy looking around the web for all known AK parts suppliers and come across this website. I'll admit, I haven't read any further, but being a new proud owner of an SAR1 just sort of disturbed me after reading it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

http://www.ak47world.com/

*** WARNING ATFE POSSIBLE SEIZURE ALERT! ***

ASK us WHY the $350 so-called "Romanian" AK-47 (SAR-1 & WASR-10) rifles
that you see for sale around, are such BAD DEALS & why their inferior
malformed parts ALWAYS cause TRIGGER SLAP!!!

Also, since the ATFE raided the importer of SAR-1 Romanian rifles, ask why
the SAR-1 could soon be declared "CONTRABAND" & subject to seizure, unless
modifications are made to these rifles!

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]

www.ak47world.com/

*** PLEASE NOTE: AK47World.com is not a Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer (FFL).
AK47World.com hopes to be your #1 site for AK-47 ammo, mags and AK-47 info.

SO, why the hell do we have to ASK?  If it so dang "hot", why the hell are you not posting it?

and while I'm at it, why do half the links on your website NOT work?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Funny, I kind of wondered all those things myself when I went back and took a second look after I made my post.

I guess I won't lose any sleep over it, I knew the SAR1 was cheap, but it's not supposed to be a $1500 deer rifle. I just wanted something fun to blast at the range, and besides, I'm starting to understand the difference between milsurp collectors and those "others" who stand in the gunshop stroking the checker pattern walnut stock on the overpriced deer rifle and moaning about its beauty.(true story, I saw that happen today when I visited my local gunsmith about helping me remove the tang screws on my SAR1)
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, a friend handed me a copy of a "FAQ" from ak47world that basically said the SAR-1's were crap, and that the Norinco's were the "most rugged, and best value"... Further, they went on to say:

"What does reciever thickness and the lack of "mickey mouse" anti-trip device that only complicates your trigger group, mean to AKM performance???

Simple, if you only fire your thinner reciever AKM variants lightly, you usually won't have any problems."

Do these people know what they're talking about at all, or are they totally full of crap??? I'll admit to being unknowledgeable about AK's in general, and being the new owner of an SAR-1 - so some of the things ak47world had to say are somewhat of a concern to me...

Could some of our more knowledgeable posters clarify some of this, please???

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the same asshole that sells MAK-90s on gunbroker for $650....
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, guys - I figured it was some kinda scam like that.. I read quite a few posts that were all pretty much positives about the SAR's before I bought mine - so I found it a little difficult to believe as well... Although I've only put a few hundred rounds through it thus far(only had it a week, and I've been busy deer hunting), it's shot pretty well, and hasn't had a bobble, yet... I'm in the process of dressing up the furniture a little, already... I'm going to make a rear peep sight for it, and I'll have myself a good shooting, decent looking AK for cheap - gotta love that!!!

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Because Century is big enough to always get ATF visits for something, my SARs had sloppy feel but no trigger slap when new, and they have their heads five miles up their ass.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#10]

I regularly try to get my SAR-1 to burst into flames (no luck yet). The receiver hasn't melted or bent in half yet, lol.

I did hear a rumor that the ATF said no more SAR's without thumbhole stocks

Can they do that? And if so can we just convert them back to regular stocks afterwards? God what a bunch of assholes.

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I regularly try to get my SAR-1 to burst into flames (no luck yet). The receiver hasn't melted or bent in half yet, lol.

I did hear a rumor that the ATF said no more SAR's without thumbhole stocks

Can they do that? And if so can we just convert them back to regular stocks afterwards? God what a bunch of assholes.

They can do whatever they want because we don't stop them!!!

It is awfull funy how a tax collection agengy can make federal law without the involvment of the legeslative branch of government...
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
 I've run a Maadi(select fire with the dreaded thin wimpy stamped receiver that wont take abuse)like a freakin rented mule, and it never failed. It gets too hot to hold onto, and then you just swing it by the butt stock to bash people like this joker in the face with it and ask him if he can tell if it was structurally compromised from dumping that 75 round drum through it and not firing it lightly!

This guy is just utilizing a marketing ploy, to sway the uninformed towards buying his overpriced wares.

Chuck
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top