Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 6:57:07 AM EDT
The miles have really piled up on my Old Grand Cherokee so I'm thinking about trading for a Wrangler,I'm just a little worried about sacrificing all of the space I have in the Cherokee for the fun factor of the Wrangler.Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:09:52 AM EDT
If I could afford a new vehicle it would likely be a Wrangler w/the 4.0.

My neighbor has one and it's a running machine. He took out the rear seat, he's single, and installed a hell of a stero system with a large speaker box/tool box. This box comes up to the top of the fender inner fender wells and fills the back from the seats to the tailgate. He has a roof mounted gun rack back there as well. And he still has enough room for his camping gear, with careful packing. He also found a small trailer for extended camping. It's a real nice outfit he has.

I don't know your situation, but unless you have a family you need to haul around, or a lot of stuff to pack I think you'll get by with the Wrangler okay. Especially if you remove the rear seat. Like my friend, you could always get a small trailer too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:39:16 AM EDT
I've got a 4 year old Son,but I think I've worked it all out.This morning I test drove one [still have it]and I believe I can work with the space issue.Up until this past June I had to commute to Atlanta [approx 120 miles]for work,now I work 17 minutes from home and its just a pleasant country drive.I think I'm going to go ahead and trade.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:43:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 2:15:16 PM EDT
The deals done,its a 2001 sport with 4.0, automatic tranny, 4x4,soft top.I really like it but I don't think the little Lady is very impressed,but,the boy likes it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:31:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:04:05 AM EDT
I'll check into it,don't want to waste any beer!Does yours have the original fog lights ?
Top Top