Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 2:24:17 PM EDT
Debating this. I got an SAR-1, and it looks, well, like an SAR.

So I've got two options I'm thinking of pursuing.

A)Classic AK. Refinish the stock in a classic AK color (somehow. Don't know how yet), polish the charging handle, etc.

B)Tactical AK. Do a camo job on the furniture only(don't know how to do that either. I don't want to muck with the reciever or other operating parts), probably urban or something. I really like urban camo. Or a woodland style, and some other stuff to make it "tactical". Save up for a Kobra, and hang other near-useless gear (laser sighted AK!) off the thing.

I'm leaning B, my PsyOps buddy down at Bragg thinks it would look "gay", and to do Option A. Anybody got pics of their home jobs, cost, how hard, etc?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with option C.

Ditch the beechwood stock, order the Romanian laminate from K-var www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=270&1=271&3=53. Then polish the exposed area of the bolt carrier, thread the muzzle 14x1LH and intall a US slant brake from Global Trades www.globaltrades.com/, part #A559.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're really into the effete accessorizing scene, you'd save your money for an AR.  There's a whole subculture and cottage industry devoted to pointless gadgetry.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]

But seriously, Im going to make my SAR1 look the classic AK style. Then if I buy another SAR1 later on I'll do the all black thing with some type of optic added.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey I resemble that remark about the ar15, I only have 5 things bolted on mine, and looking at no 6 and 7.

ace stock
arms 39
holosight
rails
foregrip

want to get a surefire and a sight post mount from bushmaster. It aint a real ar unless it has 5 extra pounds of doodads on em anyway, bunch of wussies running around with bare rifles. Bet they dont even use genuine usa steel mags in their rifles.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want your furniture refinished, go here.

www.nouglyguns.com

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top