Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 1:18:25 PM EDT
I need to know who can pulla bad barrel (whole front end) off a rusted up Yugo SKS and install a new one.

My Yugo from AIM has been in the safe since I bought it, when I got it out to clean it last week it was solid rust forward of the receiver.

I picked up a cut Yugo receiver with a good barrel gas system last weekend.

Who can do this?

Ohio Rapid Fire would be closest, could they do it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, probably cost yah as much to have that doen, after buying the barrel and all, as it would have to buy a new SKS...You could scrape the rust out and beet the crap out of it...
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured as much, but I only have $50 in the rifle.

I was just wondering if it were posible.  Hell, I might just sell it off for parts. I got $100 out of my other Yugo SKS in the same condition.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The rus was so bad each round expands in the chamber and needs to be beaten out with a rod.

I have a couple of hand picked Yugos, but AIM gave me a deal on several $50 "returns".  They were clean at the time, I cleaned them well, and can not figure how they turned so rusty.

I'll just sell them for parts. I can get my money out of them that way no problem.

Thanks guys.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top