Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 9:08:13 PM EDT
I know that most guys don't clean their Aks at all. I do because that's what the Army drilled into my head and I can't relax if I don't. That aside, how well does the Kobra red dot hold a zero after it's removed for cleaning, and then clamped back on?Do you re-zero every time. I hope the answer to this question isn't really obvious and I just didn't see it. Man this thing is cool by the way.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I find that I need to tweak mine. I'm careful about it being tight and secure, but I don't think I ever really get it back on the same. I only use them on my 5.45s and 5.56s and find they seem to be off a touch in azimuth. The good news is they don't seem to ever be off more than the CEP for the ammo at 100m. Have they ever been off enough to miss a center of mass hit from 0-300? Not so far.

The one I use on my ARs has the weaver base and seems to hold zero better than I can shoot off hand.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=51134
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, but it's OK,  I painted it look like the $$$$$$ Colt one and tell the ignorant that's what it is.........No pics, I just slap it on the flat top.....Same operation as the side rail mount one  but uses button batteries, and some other minors.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine seem to be right on and I pull them off every cleaning.  at least 'right on' enough that I cant tell a difference at 5-200 yards.  Both rifles shoot 1.5 -2 inches at 100yds, so if it was off much, I'd think I'd notice.  Try taking it on and off while at the range and I think you'll be pleasantly suprised - I was.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much on, or within an inch 1-2 clicks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yeah, but it's OK,  I painted it look like the $$$$$$ Colt one and tell the ignorant that's what it is.........No pics, I just slap it on the flat top.....Same operation as the side rail mount one  but uses button batteries, and some other minors.

Little do they know that the Colt C-More is a POS in comparison to the Kobra.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never had to re-zero a kobra and I do take it off and I clean my rifle after every shoot.

Why?  cause it looks pretty and brake free gives me a decent buzz..

But I have never had to re-zero the site.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine holds zero after being on and off. I think having a high quality (Bulgarian or Russian) rail on the rifle helps.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Holds a zero? yes.

Repeats zero afterr re-mounting?  Yes.

Clean my AK? Almost never.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top