User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I think open rebellion is a good idea.  I think we should make a list of all the alternate AK forums. (is this the only one?) and then go and IM the people who contribute to the forums there with the list of alternatives as a suggestion, and explain why we are no longer supporting AK-47.net.  With a detailed list of their actions.  

If we did that, we would get those people to think critically about the way the board is run.  I think most of them are there because they've never noticed what was going on because the posts get deleted too quickly, and so they never see them.    Sending them a list of boards will let them know that this is not the only board they can go to, and that ak-47.net is not the only ak forum (as I suspect many of them assume).
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not ordered any products from Joeken, don't have anything against them, but I am happy they are around.  The only reason I had not ordered from Joeken is because they had not established themselves, and had major growing pains.

The other board obviously does not understand economics, (capitalism).

Competition is a good thing.  K-VAR wanted to compete with Joeken, so they lowered the prices on their waffle mags.  Pretty simple to understand for most of us.

Hell I purchased several product from K-VAR on a Sunday via e-mail, and the products were sitting on my doorstep on Thursday.

K-VAR has always done me right, and honestly I am willing to pay a little more for great service.

The other site is putting all their eggs in one basket.  They do not have very good business sense.

Bottom line K-VAR has great products, and currently have killer prices.

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny thing is, Joeken seems to have gone into business to compete w/K-var. Now that K-Var is going to stiffen the competition, people get upset.

If they were friends w/K-Var first, maybe they should have gotten mad when Joeken came into the scene.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried ordering from Joke-N, twice.  Both times the guy on the phone said he would get back to me.  Guess what, never did.  To make things worse I emailed them several times and no response.  They deffinetly lost any hopes that I would spend money with them.

As far as to the other--there are some good people there too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Hey Campy--

I see where you're coming from.  It seems that it is the ratio of the ignorant to the evil that we disagree on.  :-)  I for one was merely ignorant.  It took me a couple months, but if someone had clued me in earlier, I would have noticed things much quicker, and left sooner.  Fortunately, I had a run in with HDR before too long and that woke me up, and so I made preparations.

I don't have the time or energy to go there and IM people, so I'm not following my own suggestion.  But it seems I haven't been doing business with any of their sponsors lately, hmm, I wonder if that's a coincidence.

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
i got on all of Joke'Ns emailing list and never got one email about any of the mags coming in. i talked to some old lady out there that had to be his grandmother. no thanks i will do business with professionals.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
hdr is no more than a zit on my ass and have taken care of him as such. possibly if he spent less time on the internet and more time in reality his personal life wouldn't be so fucked up. i understand he is really close to the father of his grandson maybe he should start there. forget hdr he is a waste of effort.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i got on all of Joke'Ns emailing list and never got one email about any of the mags coming in. i talked to some old lady out there that had to be his grandmother. no thanks i will do business with professionals.

I'm going to check out some of the latest bargains at kvar.  I couldn't do that and talk about it on the other board.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top