Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 5:06:58 AM EDT
My latest project, a mutt RPK. It started as a Romanian parts kit. The barrel was junk, so I bought a brand new Bulgarian for it. There were a couple differences in the contours of each barrel. I couldn't use the original front sight base, so I used an altered Chinese one. The bipod was way too big for the barrel, so I made a spacer up for it. The original lumber is almost toast, so I went with the Drugonuv look. Had to build up the lower handgaurd with JB weld and fit with a "Gunmakers Friend", ie Dremel Tool!

All in all, it didn't come out too bad. The finish is our new black parkerizing, affectionately know as "Blark". Hence her name. She shot about a 4" group at 100 yards off the bench with iron sights, using good old Wolf JHP's. With the scope, she shot about 2' high, with no room for adjustment. A little shim stock should fix that.

I'll get some pics of the grouping when I get the scope dialed in.

Mike

Here's a close up of the alterations and the new finish:

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, very nice!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw the "Blark" finish up close.  I'm impressed.

I took some photos of the RPK up close in the shop.  I will post them tonight.

KF
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
My thoughts exactly...ATI?!?!  Oh the humanity..

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I will add this in the near future. Had the ATI stuff in the scrap pile, so I used it. You should see the original stuff, bad very bad.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think I will add this in the near future. Had the ATI stuff in the scrap pile, so I used it. You should see the original stuff, bad very bad.

www.k-var.com/images/rpkplum.jpg

Mike

I'd like to be able to find that stock set Mike, nobody seems to have any RPK furniture??
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I think K-Var has them in stock. I am ordering some Krink kits tomorrow and will find out. If so, there will be more pics of the new look!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=211&1=215&3=136

Doesn't show up under "Stock Sets" for some reason, but shows up under "Parts Sets".

Anyhow, yeah, I got that stuff for my NHM-91's that I'm sending ORF's way.

Hey, me223:  Been speaking with Todd some over email, but since my laptop is back at Gateway for repair, I don't have access to that email account right at the moment.

What can you guys do to put a 24" barrel on the NHM-91, to give it that RPK-like look?

I mean, it's already 20", sure, but since I already have it, if it wouldn't be horrible, price-wise, to put the different barrel on it...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
 Mike was probably wondering why I gave that stock set to him. Bwahahahahahahahahaha

"No charge old buddy, at least you'll be seen with it in public and not me"Bwahahahahahahaha

That stuff originally came off of a Chinese milled butthole rifle that some yahoo had used the ole camo tape on. That was a sight that would have made you toss your lunch.

Chuck
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#12]
kythri,

The barrel alone will cost about $200.00. You will also need a gas block and a rear sight block, at the very least. I'm not even sure where to get the gas block and sight base.

Mike
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top