Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 1:19:17 PM EDT
I am considering getting an underfolder and would like input on them.  It would either be a Hungarian or Yugo.
My main question is.....is it uncomfortable, impractical, not worth it etc..etc...
Or are they worth having instead of a standard stock.
thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
They aren't as comfortable as a standard stock, but they are pretty sweet looking when folded.  

Seeing as how AKs aren't really "practical" weapons to own anyway, might as well go for it.  

Also, underfolders have been around forever and continue to see service all over the place, so they can't be that bad.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They're not bad. Fortunately, the AK has little recoil or they would be worse. I think the Euros work better as the stock unfolds straight back. With the Chicoms they are at an angle and I don't like that a whole lot. My Hungarian AK folder seems to shoot better than any of them. It was used a little but it is my favorite AK of the 7 I have now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the Euros work better as the stock unfolds straight back. With the Chicoms they are at an angle and I don't like that a whole lot.

The straight back stocks are AKM and the angled are Ak-47.  The angled were used by the euro's, too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think the Euros work better as the stock unfolds straight back. With the Chicoms they are at an angle and I don't like that a whole lot.

The straight back stocks are AKM and the angled are Ak-47.  The angled were used by the euro's, too.

Thanks for the clarification. I wondered if there was such an exception myself.
Anyhow, I would go with the AKM then!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My 7.62 Krinkov with Fixed Underfolder rattles my teeth after about 3 magazines.....

I would really consider a side folder if I were you.

By the way, that's a kick ass avatar.  Good job.

KF
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My 7.62 Krinkov with Fixed Underfolder rattles my teeth after about 3 magazines.....

I would really consider a side folder if I were you.

By the way, that's a kick ass avatar.  Good job.

KF

I think that has a lot to do with it being a Krink.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I've always preferred the metal side folder used on the AKS-74 series. I also noticed the new plastic side folder used on the AK-74M series. I almost bought one off of EBAY, but it didn't come with any of the mounting hardware. I know the hardware is a pain to find, so I passed it up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I put a slip-on Hungarian recoil pad on my underfolder and found it tollerable against a tee-shirt in summer months...I shot the UF yesterday with just a sweater on and it required no padding.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#9]
K-Var also sells a black rubber recoil pad the slips over a regular stock and straps onto a folder. I had one on my Russian SVD. I liked it and it also made the stock a little longer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Go for it.  I hear they aren't bad after you get used to them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top