Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 5:06:19 AM EDT
if you can stomach this...copy and paste the link to you address bar.

www.msnbc.com/c/0/150/659/10x7/030416_war_2pm_02.jpg
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#1]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

[>(]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
i think i'm going to be sick............
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of the Salem witch trials...
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats just hideous........
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
So that's how you heat treat the OOW receivers.  Shit I'm not paying somebody $35 for that!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I would much rather see every weapon in iraq destroyed.....then having one of those kill, or wound one of our troops.

you guys would change your tune, if you are put in a situation, our troops are in over there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would much rather see every weapon in iraq destroyed.....then having one of those kill, or wound one of our troops.

you guys would change your tune, if you are put in a situation, our troops are in over there.

Pete, youre a bloody moron
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

here is what you do Joe....join the military (you probably fall within the age group to join) and sign up for a combat MOS (job). then get yourself stationed with the 3rd ID, once you get deployed to some 3rd world hotspot, where they hate Americans, and shoot at you every chance they get...then come back and tell me I'm a moron for posting that.

the recuiting station is open tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is what you do Joe....join the military (you probably fall within the age group to join) and sign up for a combat MOS (job). then get yourself stationed with the 3rd ID, once you get deployed to some 3rd world hotspot, where they hate Americans, and shoot at you every chance they get...then come back and tell me I'm a moron for posting that.

the recuiting station is open tomorrow, tell us

No problem my friend ... my .45 FAL can take care of any baddies that may cross my path.

If these weapons are already out of general civilian use, then why destroy them? they pose no threat. Send em back here as parts kits atleast...

And to take it one more step ... who the hell are we to go in and burn up someones AKs in the first place? Maybe they should have been extended the same natural rights to self protection that our bill of rights protects for us. Oh but that couldnt happen because we invaded their country ... thats right... Long live the empire.

You're no longer a bloody moron ... now you're just a bloody idiot
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#12]
What is a .45 FAL, exactly?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The horror, the horror.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You're no longer a bloody moron ... now you're just a bloody idiot

you're just a stupid kid, that has no clue what you're talking about.

"... who the hell are we to go in and burn up someones AKs in the first place?"

those weapons where seized in combat operations, you don't go around cutting them up so that parts kits can be sent over here.  they get destroyed so they can't ever be used against US forces. you want parts kit, buy it from K-var and the other importers. the miltary was never, and will never be  a supplier of parts kits.

"Maybe they should have been extended the same natural rights to self protection that our bill of rights protects for us."

that's up to the new gov't of iraq to put that in their constitution.

"Oh but that couldnt happen because we invaded their country ... thats right... Long live the empire."

if you have a problem with us doing a preemptive attack on a country that would have no qualms about giving aid and comfort to terrorist organizations, to kill Americans. or threaten us, or the oil producing nations in that region...maybe you should go to france, and become a french citizen.

there might have been no WW2, if france and england attacked germany in the early 30s before they became a military power, and started invading and attacking all those countries

"No problem my friend ... my .45 FAL can take care of any baddies that may cross my path."

yeah right......easy enough to say shit like that when no one is firing back at you. maybe you should stop you're walter mitty fantasy trip, and prove me wrong

all I can say is......you got a lot of maturing to do kid.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]
So much hate.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

A little project of mine that SFC here dosnt exactly like... his exact words were "What would ya want wonna those fer?!"

www.mp3nazi.com/45para37mm.jpg

But then again this is the same SFC that cant understand that if we had those AKs in kit form they would still be out of enemy combatants hands.

Sorry Pete just givin ya the truth
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little project of mine that SFC here dosnt exactly like... his exact words were "What would ya want wonna those fer?!"

it's not that I don't like it, I just can't understand having a rifle that you really are limited in the distance it fires...you even stated to aim above the target at 200 yards.

have you tried any other brands of ammo, where you won't need to "lob" them in?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's not that I don't like it, I just can't understand having a rifle that you really are limited in the distance it fires...you even stated to aim above the target at 200 yards.

have you tried any other brands of ammo, where you won't need to "lob" them in?

Keep up with the other thread on the files bout this ... ;) 185gr .45 projectile at a theoretical 1750fps and 6" drop at 200yds.
But enough of my thread hijacking..
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Not to hijak the thread, but what is the point of a big, heavy-ass .45 cal rifle? Seriously, what possible advantage does this thing have over the same weapon in .308?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Think about this:

If every one of those rifles was demilled, and the parts sold in a kit for say $100, how much money do you think that would be? Several million dollars, at least. What better way to fund the Iraq War/Rebuild, than with their own weapons? Everybody wins. Hell there are even idiots out there that will buy a demilled RPG launcer for hundreds of dollars, theres another opportunity.

And dont give me any of your shit about "Go down to the recruiter's office". Been there, done that.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Think about this.

How much would it cost for the U.S. Military to set up and run a program to demill those rifles and get the parts to this country? By the time Military had farmed all this out and everyone took their cut, the cost would far outweigh the gain.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#22]
How do you fuel a fire to melt guns?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Not to hijak the thread, but what is the point of a big, heavy-ass .45 cal rifle? Seriously, what possible advantage does this thing have over the same weapon in .308?

All aluminum components, makes it in the 5.5lb range, and is better suited for CQB. Why do SWAT teams use MP5s and UMPs?

And if it would be a huge burden to bring kits into the country as you say ... then there never would be any imported. Theres plenty of money in it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It sucks to see all the AK's burning but I have to agree with SfcRet in this situation. get the weapons out of the enemys hands and destroy them.
It's a nice fantasy to think that captured AK's could be demilled and sent back to the USA to sell
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I understand your point, but it seems to me with all the news that comes out of Iraq everyday is that our soldiers are being killed by RPG's and homemade bombs.  I still haven't heard about our guys being shot up with an AK in post-Saddam Iraq.

Come home soon fellas!

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I understand your point, but it seems to me with all the news that comes out of Iraq everyday is that our soldiers are being killed by RPG's and homemade bombs.  I still haven't heard about our guys being shot up with an AK in post-Saddam Iraq.

Come home soon fellas!

what you don't read could fill a sunday newspaper...... the American public doesn't think our troops get fired on on the DMZ in korea also. both times I was stationed in korea there wasn't a month that didn't go by that a patrol wasn't fired on.  

bombings make the news because it inflicts a lot of wounded and dead, and is deemed "news worthy".  a guy shooting at troops and running doesn't even make a mention. don't fool yourself thinking that troops don't get shot at over there, just because you don't read about it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#28]
as for buying new AKs....doesn't make a lick of sense to me either....I wouldn't even arm them with BB guns.

only thing I can think of is maybe they want to make a clean sweep, by not arming them with AKs that saddam aquire, and that is associated with that regime. who knows maybe they have some inscription on them that says "from the great leader".
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#29]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................just like "Napalm in the Morning" it's the smell of "VICTORY"...nothing better, short of mamma.

FTR: IMHO: "'ole Michael" may have been a good weapons designer...but, he has the same level of "Love" in my heart as the un-named German puke, also a great "designer" for his cause that came up with a cheaper gas "Fur der Showers", ya?

He was, and is still, a Communist b******* who will burn in Hell...as it should be. I'd cap his sorry ass in a heart-beat, given the chance.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
have you read anything about the current contract we have with romania/romarms (cugir and romtechnika)? friends, you and i are PAYING for the diesel and c4 and tanks used to destroy those ak's...then, we are PAYING AGAIN to buy the 'new' iraqi army and police some new rifles!

what part of "this is blithering idiocy" am i missing here?

Several things:

1) By buying new weapons all from the same source there is no issue of having slightly different parts for the different varieties of AKs the Iraqis currently have.  This puts them on a 'standard'. Makes a lot of sense logistics wise.

2) Why waste the manpower sifting through all the AKs to find the 'good ones' (assuming our guys know what to look for) when you can get new ones dirt cheap.

3) Its a political/ecomonic bone thrown to a country that supported us.  This is one way to repay them (to support one of their few industries).  This also sends a message to other countries - support the US and they will help you out as well.

we already captured the guns. just how the hell much does it cost to stash and guard them in a few limited depots??? huh? how much?

Personally I'd just put a bid out to the importers to come and get them and to demill them.  Higest bid wins.  Again you will hire locals to torch cut the receivers so the new Iraqi govt gets money (from the person winning the bid), the locals get money (to torch cut & load the parts into crates), the US consumers can get some deals on AK parts, and the US Army doesn't have to worry about those rifles anymore.

Sounds like a win-win-win-win deal to me! (but we all know its never going to happen)

we ain't buying ew m16's for the iraqus...we are buying then NEW KALASHNIKOVS!

Campy you know I prefer the M16 to the AK - but it makes FAR more sense to arm the Iraquis with AKs rather than M16s.
1) Cost (AKs are cheaper)
2) Training (AK are easier to learn and are more tolorant of the lack of ability from semi-literate peasants).
3) Institutional Knowledge (I'm sure some of the police and new Iraqi army are former soldiers so using what they already 'know' makes more sense).
4) Just in case (If we ever have to go back there I'm sure the Military would prefer they have a 'lesser' rifle ).
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#33]
sfcret, you've aimed over every target that you ever shot at at 200 yards, your sights were just adjusted to it. Name a round that does'nt start dropping as soon as it leaves the barell. It's just a matter of degrees. As for the government not selling parts kits, as far as I know they don't but they do sell complete rifles. Ever heard of the CMP?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#34]
It doesn't bother me at all to see all of those AKs burning.  

There's a gadzookillion of them floating around this planet.  

I think it would be great to see all AKs in the entire middle east burned.  Those people just aren't ready for weapons like that.  Because of resources and geography, the developemental rate of middle-eastern countries is slowed to the point where they are probably a couple centuries behind.

Don't understand why Iraqis are running around trying to blow up our troops who are only trying to help them?

That's because you don't know what it's like to live in a world where your religion is your only way of understanding things.  

If we sent an army back through time to a middle-ages European country to dispose their king, who by our modern standards is a brutal dictator, do you think they wouldn't fight us?  Of course they would, because from their view we have not been given the right to rule them by God.  

Same thing goes for Iraq.

I thought all that up at work, thought I'd share it.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#35]
anyone who think it is ok to destroy those ak are totaly idiot or must be on welfare.  the dumb ass liberals burn these ak and give contract to foreign firearm manufactures to provide the new iraqi army with fresh new ak47 at the cost of american tax dollars.  and they're paying top dollars for these fresh ak instead of getting a good deal on it.  

the usa government is the most wasteful government in the world.  paying tax is unconstitutional because it is used to do stupid shits.

anyone with a 5th grade brain would know that we should bring these guns home and sell 1000 bucks a piece.  they're full auto ak.  there must be several millions of these things over there.  we can pay for the war with that money.  87 fucking billions dollars to rebuild iraq is a crack-up figure.  they make 2 cents a day over there and it cost more to rebuild a sand box.  fuck that shit.  don't build nothing until we get some oil pumping.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#36]
i say we arm iraqi army with stick.  let them whack the fuck out of each other.  

disarm the whole fucking country.  what the fuck starving station need ak57 for?  hunting what???

fuck all those muslim.  let all those fucker starve while we pump the oil and drive our suv.

fuck them.  fuck them all.  kill them all.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#37]
sfcret, you're a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
the miltary was never, and will never be  a supplier of parts kits.

Technically, wasn't Arsenal Bulgaria government/military owned, so doesn't that make our Bulgie AK-74 kits "military supplied" ??

Or are you talking US military?  Of course they wouldn't be a supplier.  Everything is contracted and outsourced...
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Your right...I caught this yesterday....but t wasn't against our troops.

"It was revealed that Iraq's Oil Minister survived a drive-by assassination attempt on Sunday.

A car overtook his seven vehicle convoy in Baghdad and a man opened fire with an AK47 rifle."

Who's the Oil Minister? Is that one of Bush's mooks?

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#40]
A soldiers letter home...

From PFC Brandon Michael Deere of Lexington was originally addresed to members of his church, Rock Hill Baptist Church. He is stationed in Baghdad, Iraq with the 82nd Airborne Infantry from Fort Bragg, N.C.

It is a joy to my heart to hear from my family and friends from church. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated from myself as well as my fellow soldiers. I try to maintain a constant relationship with Christ by staying in prayer as often as possible. I pray for all of you back home and thank God for your strength and support.

Life here in Baghdad, Iraq, is unimaginable. It makes poverty in the U.S. look like high rise condos. Our youth back home think they have it bad. Kids here, ages somewhere between 6 to 14, are on the streets every day in 130-degree weather selling ice, sodas, cigarettes, gasoline, etc. to whomever can afford to buy it just to make a living for themselves.

It is really sad to see how these people are even surviving. Some live in scrap brick houses pieced together, some made with mud and cane poles, and some built with garbage (I mean literally). Others live in the support columns under highway overpasses. It is unimaginable. Whether we find weapons of mass destruction or not, this country's people are in dire need of serious help.

When we drive through the streets, kids as well as adults, shout out to us with laughter, joy, and even tears of happiness as if we were sent from God himself. I don't think they even realize the magnitude of what our country can actually provide for them.

However, it will take time and lots of prayer in order to reconstruct this country into a democracy of freedoms. Freedom, a word that is not even in their vocabulary, has only been a dream for them. Now it is being realized and they are getting excited to learn what it is that we fight to protect.

I explain to some that freedom is the opportunity to worship Christ, God, or whomever. Freedom means being able to eat and drink what you want, to say what you want, to do whatever you want, and to go whereever you want. The Iraqi people haven't grasped that concept yet, but now they realize it is closer.

You would be happy to know there are some sort of Christian ministry temples here. I don't know what background they are, but they are here, but only a few.

There are mosques everywhere and five times a day the temple priests sing out throughout the communities to Allah thanking him for our arrival and to calm the people and tell them to let us do our job so we can get them on their feet again.

Just imagine being kept in complete total control by one man, a dictator, inflicting genocide on his own people. I have seen kids with no hands, no fingers, starving children and families who are just now being able to eat regularly. They were punished because they didn't believe in Saddam's ways.

This place is like a ruins, trash everywhere and very dirty. The water could kill us if we didn't have immunizations, and vaccinations. This country needs what our country was supposedly built upon, the foundation of God, and for the people, by the people. Lots of prayer and hope is a must for these people.

However, there are still a few loyalists and terrorists here. This is still very much a battle zone. In our compounds we carry our weapons loaded and ready to fire just to go to the bathroom and to the showers. The enemy has been known to unexpectedly fire mortar rounds into military compounds around Baghdad. They fire rocket propelled grenades (RPGs) at our compounds.

They like to try to set up improvised explosive devices (EIDs) down the streets from our compounds and detonate them when we drive by. They also fire AK47 machine guns or RPGs at us while driving or patrolling down the streets. This goes on every day now.

We get tips and leads every day and we go on raid missions to certain areas to catch some of the main people behind all of this. It is very dangerous work. The 82nd Airborne is the only one at this location besides Special Forces and Delta Forces that do this so successfully.

So don't worry, God is on our side, he will watch over and protect us. The 82nd Airborne has only lost four members which is outstanding. We remember daily the four who have fallen. We are well trained for this type of warfare.

Hopefully our jobs will come to an end soon and we will have secured Iraq so we can come home, preferably before Christmas. Can't wait for my grandparents' Christmas breakfast and Christmas dinner. I have a lot to look forward to: my beautiful wife, two loving daughters, the greatest parents in the world, my brother and his new family, my other supportive family whom I love and all of my family at Rock Hill Baptist Church.

I love you all and thank you for your prayers and support. I will be fine and everything will be OK. Don't worry. We will leave it in God's hands to sort out the rest - for the better of course. I miss you all and hope to hear from you and I wish you well. The day closes in when it will be a great day when I can get to worship Christ with you again. Take care and God bless you all!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:30:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:58:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I suppose you would want to see every civilian weapon in America destroyed if our troops were over here enforcing Martial Law?

Runs both ways. What the fuck are we still doing over there?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
How do you fuel a fire to melt guns?

It really wouldnt matter. You dont have to physically "melt" the gun to destroy it. A regular fire would generate enough heat to destroy the springs, unharden the hardened parts and cause everything else to oxidize (rust) rapidly.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Guess what guys?  It's a bunch of metal!  

Aren't we the ones who argue that guns are just tools that can't do anything without the will of a human being?  

Yet here you go acting like it's a bunch of Holy relics burning in the fire.  

We could burn every AK in the region and still have plenty to go around.

As for that Asianthug guy... someone with that many misspellings in a single post shouldn't throw the word idiot around.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#46]
i work hard and pay a lot of tax.  i can't even chunk out 600 bucks just like that to buy a new ak that is in good quality unlike sar1. yet, my tax dollars go to buy a fucking terrorist new ak and ammo to blast around.  the worst part is that there are already plenty fucking ak over there.  use that shit.  

when the guns are confiscate, teh disarment is already complete.  burning shit up is an act or stupidity.  the fucking ozone layer will get fuck up too with all that burning shit. if they got so much fucking free time, then go find weapon of mass destruction instead of paying some eurotrash 600 millions bucks to jack off in the office and act like "i can't find it.  i need more time."  want more time, buy a penthouse and go to the shit room.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top