Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 5:05:17 PM EDT
Looking for a good brake for my SAR-1.  I don't have any problems with the recoil, just the muzzle rise.

Also, will I just be able to screw one on and off if the 94 ban sunsets?

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the AKM slant style break.It's my understanding,IF the ban sunsets and as long as you have the legal ammount of US parts in your rifle,yes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Latest Gen AK74 style brakes as made by AK103.com and Krebs, reduces climb and felt recoil like no other. Both of the above are US made and count on your partslist to stay legal

B
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Smith Technologies offers a nice one too.  Really loud when fired.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Very happy with my ak-103 part on my SAR. Ober and I shot it with an unbraked SAR and a MAK with the chicom brake, and the ak-103 copy of the soviet was clearly best in function. Just like my Bulgy kit design except 7.62 hole, no chrome lining, and parts are in the white.

My Alumahyde is not holding up (winter project) I suggest park and paint before assembly then touch up after weld.

Jason at IGF has a 22mm adaptor he made for the Romy brake and is working on the Romy brake later this year. That you can screw at will under current laws.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top