Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2003 6:23:10 AM EDT
Any opinions on the Firing Line receiver? I just finished putting together a Hungarian AK using one of their mls receivers. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to test it out at the range weather permitting.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have a link for them?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
This is their page.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/firingline/

you can also find Firing Line receivers at

http://www.floridagunworks.com

you have to go to their AK section and select the "receivers" button.

It makes a nice sound when you chamber a round compared to a stamped AK.  Klick-klak!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel much better now that Campybob has okayed it.   I've shopped and compared receivers from different vendors and only the Firing Line receiver was the one that I fell in love with.  I just heard and read too many different stories regarding less expensive receivers and I just didn't want to go thru the hassle of repairing my rifle over a $79.oo stamped piece of sheet metal.  I was very impressed with the manufacture of it.   The receiver has a beautifully engraved eagle on the left hand side.  2 thumbs up for the guys in Wyandotte, OK. :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll chime in here and say they are my favorite.  My Polish AK is one of my favorites, built on their receiver.  It is one slick opperating action.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks StariV!

Those are pricey.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have built a milled Polish on one of their receivers. Its my favorite AK.

I plan to build a Russian Type III on another of his receivers, I also want one of his side folder '74 receivers to build a "Milled" '74 on.

They ain't the cheapest, but to me they are worth every penny.

Mike Friend is a class act also.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a Russian Type III, built 3 years ago on one of Mike's first receivers... although this was an early prototype and has some flaws,
they are built like tanks and should last forever. He is the only game in town if you want a threaded barreled AK-47 receiver.
-C

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top