Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 7:34:54 AM EDT
Is there a source for side folding stocks for AK-74's. I'm looking for the type that just looks like a regular 74 plastic buttstock, but folds to the left I believe. I've seen pictures of them somewhere on the net but they were on a Russian AK-74 in Russia. I have dreams of one of these on my Bulgy Ak-74 build that will take place in approx. 1 year. Any help/knowledge will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask this guy.  I think he is a Russian "wannabe" Special Forces and has his own forum on dot nutz.  I think his nick is Roman or something like that....

Here's a link to one of his posts:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79028

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I want this one.

I have no idea how it mounts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, he was a moderator, posted only 68 times, was only posting for 2 months and is now gone?
Lived in Arizona where I am at but I have never run into a dork like that at the ranges I shoot at.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I saw on dot nutz, they mostly shoot in the desert out that way.

KF
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ask this guy.  I think he is a Russian "wannabe" and has his own forum on dot nutz.  I think his nick is Dunktank-VD or something like that....

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=14924&iGalleryUnq=443&iImageUnq=18014

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=14924&iGalleryUnq=443&iImageUnq=18015

Here's a link to one of his posts:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79028

Thanks for the pics of the stock in the first two photos, that's what I'm looking for.

No thanks for the link to the AK ninjas. LOL!!.
Posterchilds for gun control.

In the first 2 pics of the "poser" with his "pre-ban receivered AK-74?" why would the bayo lugs be shaved or am I seeing things.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no idea why.....when asked, the pics disappeared and then were explained as being "digital" creations on his part.......

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have no idea why.....when asked, the pics disappeared and then were explained as being "digital" creations on his part.......

Yeaaaa......I likely story on his part.

Back to my original question. I'm getting the feeling that these stocks are non-existant in the U.S. or are they just very hard to find at the present time?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I seem to recall that Troy Sellars said he was building a dealer sample Ak-74 with a side folder.....not sure if he meant a full buttstock or triangular......

I'll ask him......

KF
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
iirc AndyArts on ebay sells them. They are pretty pricey though. again iirc about $100 w/o any hardware.

Bingo Rotdorn Jeepcreep!  He has one on there right now. $85 + $25 s&h. Very tempting. Looks like a person would have to fab up a rear trunnion/reciever block to make it work though. Maybe I better do a little more research before I dive in on one of these types.

edited to add link cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2194761748&category=588
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
He also goes buy ruseller on gunbroker.  He has had a complete set before including the mounting hardware.  IIRC, they went for $200-250.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
This guy at  cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2194761748&category=588 sells them relatively cheep for the whole set.

The ONLY problem is that he in Russia and it will take 2-4 months before you get your order.

You WILL get it, but it will be a while.

The sets are missing the heat shield, which makes the handguard sit correctly.  Mine didn't have one and without the cleaning rod installed the handguard is loose and moved up and down.

The sets aren't MINT but they aren't abused either. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give the sets an 8.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Here you go.

Only $300.

LINK TO GUNBROKER

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here you go.

akstore.xpsweb.com/pic/13pc_set.jpg

Only $300.

LINK TO GUNBROKER

Damn! $300 + $35 s&h.  Maybe I should of been more careful of what I wished for. It is just what I wanted though. Decisions decisions. An underfolder is looking better all the time. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#15]
That pic is of Roman... He's VERY much Russian, and a damned good friend of mine. He's also good pals with Chamberlin and the AZ AK crew. Just because someone in a mod at the other AK site doesn't mean that they're anything like the pieces of crap that actally run the place.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember when "Roman" and a few of his friends started frequenting this board....if memory serves me, they brought nothing but trouble with them.

If you don't believe me, ask a few others who remember the posts.  

KF
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#17]
The guy I remember was cool.  He had some *very* nice 3DSMax wireframe Russian firearm images that he was showing off.  Yes, they were legit wireframe models...he allowed me to use one in a WWW site that will be unveiled soon.  From the looks of his photo album, I got the impression he's somehow involved in the gaming industry.

Then he posted some pics of him and his buds shooting in the desert and like a bunch of Jackals, people on this site turned into wannabe ATF agents and jumped on him.  Something about his rifle possibly being configured in an non-politically correct manner.  He then said they were wireframe (maybe, maybe not...who cares), and people continued to whine, so he left.  I remember one of our mods being uncharacteristically uncool on that thread.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I lurk over at the "other" site from time to time. Roman is always posting some cool pics of one kind or another.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I would check out Roman's pics, but... I've been banned from there for quite a while. The "other" site didn't like me much, as I was all that they despised. An Islamic member of the KCA that knows more about Kalashnikovs than their whole crew of groupies combined. That, combined with the fact that I wasn't scared to post my opinion, made them believe that I was a threat, and I was banned. Actually, that's why I think I was banned, I never received an explanation as to why I was.

With that being said, I've got a package with my stuff that Gucciano had (thank goodness) at my parents home. From what they've said, it looks like my Early 74M stock and barrel segment were in there. Looks like someone is about to get a crash course in punch-welding ;-)

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I have access to a few folding stocks with the trunion and hardware. $205 shipped. No handgaurds or P grip... but they are new, not take offs. Email me at [email protected] if anyone is interested. These are in country  and ready to ship. No B.S.

ALSO,
As much as I want to stay away from dredging up past events, Roman is one of my very good friends, and yes he did tend to get him self caught up in the limelight of the internet. He came clean to me and the boards. He is not a bad kid or a malicious one.... Russians like to show off, that's it. I think he better now knows how things 'work' here in the USA and fortunately, he now has got more important things to do than show off my old Junker 3 air rifle (as seen in the pics above) as a hollywood Chechnya pic. BTW, it is pretty damn talented of him to take that black plastic and make it look exactly like the rare prototype plum plastic folder like he did. If you guys saw some of his other work in digital art, I think you might have a new outlook on Roman. But, I know it is an uphill battle regaining credit on the internet....kinda like the BATFE....once a machingun, always a machinegun.....once a poser, always a poser... BTW, he no longer runs the Russian forum on Dot-nutz. A Ukrainian kid named Igor does.
Anyways, that is that.... email me if you want a stock.
-C
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Chamberlin, I think you may be getting an email from an old friend in a few days ;-)

-Cap'n
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top