Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2003 4:16:17 PM EDT
First let me say thanks to all you guys for the valuable info and help I've received over the last few months - I've been "Lurking" here quite a bit !! - Just picked up my sixth SAR last week !! - I now find myself in need of some US made mag parts - Anyone have a source ??
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:47:48 PM EDT
If you have an SAR1, 2 or 3 (and you didn't add foriegn parts to the rifle), you don't need American made mag parts you can use completely foriegn made mags.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:01:17 PM EDT
Well ... That's the problem - I have two Russian laminated pistol grips that I would like to install - Also have a unknown origin front sight base/24mm muzzle brake that I will pin in place on another SAR-1 - Of course I will weld the brake in place - I have brakes welded on 5 of the six rifles at present - 3 SAR-2's with U.S. brakes and 2 SAR-1's with Romanian "Sugar Scoops" - I have Red Star trigger groups in 2 of the rifles but that's no help w/parts count - Mag parts seem to be my only option at this stage - Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:22:13 PM EDT
I had thought I had seen a link somewhere to a place selling colored followers for AK and AR magazines - anyone remember this?

Of course, I can find green AR followers all over the place, which really doesn't help me, as I don't have an AR at present.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:43:13 PM EDT
Try RPBUSA. They seem to have a good supply of FSE US made parts including floor plates and followers.Also check out there cool non folding krink stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:40:12 AM EDT
Thanks for the info guys - I will give RPB a call - Their new website is still under construction - I have tried some of the plastic followers taken from USA SKS Duckbill mags and they don't work well - Redoing the parts count on the rifles, I don't think I need anything except for 2 of them - Just hope RPB has some U.S. floorplates and followers for 5.45x39 !!!
..... Shoot Straight !! :)
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:15:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jugrunner:
Well ... That's the problem - I have two Russian laminated pistol grips that I would like to install - Also have a unknown origin front sight base/24mm muzzle brake that I will pin in place on another SAR-1 - Of course I will weld the brake in place - I have brakes welded on 5 of the six rifles at present - 3 SAR-2's with U.S. brakes and 2 SAR-1's with Romanian "Sugar Scoops" - I have Red Star trigger groups in 2 of the rifles but that's no help w/parts count - Mag parts seem to be my only option at this stage - Thanks

The RSA trigger groups do count as 3 US parts, hammer, trigger and sear.
Just keep in mind that 10 BATF-defined imported parts is the limit, not how many US parts are on the gun. Adding muzzle attachments increases the total overall parts count.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:53:12 PM EDT
Thanks RS39 ... Absolutely correct - No gun may contain more than 10 imported parts - I think the SAR series all came in with 6 or 7 (countable) imported parts and I believe the magazine counts as 3 imported parts ??? - That's 9 or 10 - The K-VAR stock sets have put me to the good on 4 of them but my 2 laminated stock rifles are the problem - A Russian laminated grip and a brake will put me out of compliance will it not ?? - Thanks ....
Top Top