Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2003 4:16:17 PM EDT
First let me say thanks to all you guys for the valuable info and help I've received over the last few months - I've been "Lurking" here quite a bit !! - Just picked up my sixth SAR last week !! - I now find myself in need of some US made mag parts - Anyone have a source ??
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have an SAR1, 2 or 3 (and you didn't add foriegn parts to the rifle), you don't need American made mag parts you can use completely foriegn made mags.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Well ... That's the problem - I have two Russian laminated pistol grips that I would like to install - Also have a unknown origin  front sight base/24mm muzzle brake that I will pin in place on another SAR-1 - Of course I will weld the brake in place - I have brakes welded on 5 of the six rifles at present - 3 SAR-2's with U.S. brakes and 2 SAR-1's with Romanian "Sugar Scoops" - I have Red Star trigger groups in 2 of the rifles but that's no help w/parts count - Mag parts seem to be my only option at this stage - Thanks  
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I had thought I had seen a link somewhere to a place selling colored followers for AK and AR magazines - anyone remember this?

Of course, I can find green AR followers all over the place, which really doesn't help me, as I don't have an AR at present.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Try RPBUSA. They seem to have a good supply of FSE US made parts including floor plates and followers.Also check out there cool non folding krink stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys - I will give RPB a call - Their new website is still under construction - I have tried some of the plastic followers taken from USA SKS Duckbill mags and they don't work well - Redoing the parts count on the rifles, I don't think I need anything except for 2 of them - Just hope RPB has some U.S. floorplates and followers for 5.45x39 !!!
..... Shoot Straight !! :)
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well ... That's the problem - I have two Russian laminated pistol grips that I would like to install - Also have a unknown origin  front sight base/24mm muzzle brake that I will pin in place on another SAR-1 - Of course I will weld the brake in place - I have brakes welded on 5 of the six rifles at present - 3 SAR-2's with U.S. brakes and 2 SAR-1's with Romanian "Sugar Scoops" - I have Red Star trigger groups in 2 of the rifles but that's no help w/parts count - Mag parts seem to be my only option at this stage - Thanks  

The RSA trigger groups do count as 3 US parts, hammer, trigger and sear.
Just keep in mind that 10 BATF-defined imported parts is the limit, not how many US parts are on the gun. Adding muzzle attachments increases the total overall parts count.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks RS39 ... Absolutely correct - No gun may contain more than 10 imported parts - I think the SAR series all came in with 6 or 7 (countable) imported parts and I believe the magazine counts as 3 imported parts ??? - That's 9 or 10 - The K-VAR stock sets have put me to the good on 4 of them but my 2 laminated stock rifles are the problem - A Russian laminated grip and a brake will put me out of compliance will it not ?? - Thanks ....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top