Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/18/2003 8:57:13 AM EDT
   Stopped in one of the local HIGH priced gunshop in town to take a look.

Chinese MAK90, all matching numbers in fair condition, had 94-prefixed before the serial number, I would assume year of mfg.

For the sum of $499.00 could be yours!!!!

Also had a great buy for 30 AK mags, only $39.00ea...

Had to listen to one of the sales cons try to tell customer how competitve there prices are...  

Did not bother him on the mak90 when he would not give the seller of 2 Chicom M1A in on consinement, and in ROUGH shape an offer of $400.00ea.  He said the seller wanted $699.00 and refused and offer of $550.00. and the seller was to pick them back up today.  This guy did not want his sale commission cut!

Sorry, had to vent!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the local shops had the funniest ads for the SAR1's..."Free Hi-Capacity Magazine!! A $50 Value!!"

As soon as the Klinton Ban went into effect, their AK mags went from $15 to $39. Hmmm,...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually have learned quite a lot from the many 23 year old ex-SEALs/SF/Delta and Force Recon Operators in places like this, many of whom have pulled off the ultimate Ninja trick of serving in places that never existed and doing so before they were even born. Truely a laugh a minute!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
   I wonder if they sold any of those $39.00 mags that we all get for $6.00-$9.00 at gunshows.  Hope not.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Shops like that are betting everything on people not knowing anything about this stuff.  

I went into a shop up north (MN) and they had a box full of USGI 30-rounders.  Asked the guy how much: $50.00 each.   They wanted like $25 for AK mags.  

A lot of places around my local have SARs for either $399 or often $499.  These are guns they most likely payed $150-200 bucks for from individuals.  

There are some good gunshops I have found though.  A local place called J&S Custom guns does custom 1911 and AR work, as well as selling Chinese AK mags for $13 each and AR USGI for $20.  Not bad prices for a gunshop actually.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
now you know why I mail order everything!

And that's a shame isn't it? Why can't these guys get a grip on the new economy? I can understand they would need to recoup a little overhead but price gouging is absurd. Sooner or later everyone finds out he's been ripped and that's the end of another customer...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I can understand they would need to recoup a little overhead but price gouging is absurd. Sooner or later everyone finds out he's been ripped and that's the end of another customer...

Well put.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
A man was walking down the street and happened upon a little boy's lemonade stand. The sign on the stand read "Lemonade $5 per glass". The man remarked to the little boy that he wasn't going to sell very many glasses of lemonade at that price. To which the boy replied:

"I only gotta sell one."
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top