Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 12:26:17 PM EDT
What are your opinions on recoil buffers in AKs?

Which ones work?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a green Blackjack buffer in my SAR-1, and am going to put the black "extreme duty" one in my Poly Tech pre-ban for extra protection.They work very well with ne ftf's.Quiets down the action and less fely recoil and protects the rear trunion for years 'o plinkin' fun!
www.blackjackbuffers.com
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using the Buffertechnologies AK buffer for about 2 years with no bad results.  Don't know if it helps anything, but it certainly does not hurt anything.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
In Galils, they stop "banana brass."
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not been impressed by the Blackjack stuff.  I had one shred up in an AK, but didn't know it until I took the dustcover off for cleaning.  The remains of the buffer were just flying around in the action while we were shooting with no ill results......try that with an AR system...

I do use the Buffer Tech on my Galils.  Mainly because they are so damn expensive.  I especially use them on a .308 Galil since the action is very violent.  It does help, and I have not seen anything negative to stop me from using it.

The Buffer Tech are also alot more substantial than the Blackjack system.  Some rifles will work 100% with the added buffer from Buffer Tech, some won't.  Try it.  If it works, great, if not, well.....Mikhail knew about buffers and didn't put any in his AK-47, AKM, or AK-74.

For me it is mainly a preventative maintence issue on a rifle which costs too damn much because of some jackass politicians won't let it in the country.......
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using buffers from Tapco. Don't really notice any difference, but if it helps reduce shock to the receiver, I'm for it...
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I was having problems with my new ORF/Bulgie 74: failure to fire, action extremely rough, etc. Then I threw the buffer over the back fence. Problems solved.

SD
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I put more than 12,000 rnd through an Iraqi made AKM.....no "Buffer"....ah...no dif....start to fin.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I had poor results with a black buffer from blackjack in my Vepr. 300 rounds all but destroyed it. Offered to send it back to blackjack so they could check it out, they said dont bother. Send it back where you bought it. Waste of money IMHO.

Made my own from a 4'x4'x5/16 sheet of soft natural rubber. No problem with cracks or splitting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#9]
That must of been awhile ago on the blackjack problems. I have put 2,300 rounds through my SAR-1 in six trips to the range and you can hardly tell that the buffer is even used.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I know Blackjack has different hardness in buffers. I have red and blue.I have many rounds through my AK's and they look nearly untouched. I used them in all mine and haven't had any problems at all. WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Green Blackjack here.  Can't feel any difference.  Does seem like a good idea so it stays in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That must of been awhile ago on the blackjack problems.

No......it was more like 3 weeks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top