Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 10:39:21 AM EDT
just curious if there are any replacement parts for the front handguard on a sar-1...primarily interested b/c after awhile it gets rather hot especially on warm days its less than comfortable...

btw as an unrelated side note- I ordered some mags for my sar1 close to a month ago now, and have yet to recieve them or a shipping order. After several e-mails it appears the mags are not even in stock as of now, yet on their website they were listed as in stock when I ordered. I asked for my order to then be canceled and was simply told the mags would not be in by the end of the week...wtf?
I hope this is a lone experience, as I've never had difficutly with online ordering in any other area except w/gun related items it seems...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:53:12 AM EDT
Are you referring to Joeken and waffle mags? Joeken has been telling me my order should ship in a week for three weeks now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:46:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
Are you referring to Joeken and waffle mags? Joeken has been telling me my order should ship in a week for three weeks now.

yes I am heh(was trying to be nice by not mentioning names, but since you mentioned it...)

I guess I'll e-mail again to try to cancel.
It is getting ridiculous. I don't care how good/cheap the mags are at this point- if I can just cancel my order I'll hop on over to my gun store and pick up mags there(quibbling over a couple $ versus wondering when the mags will come hmm...).
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2003 6:10:46 PM EDT by az-ar]
For the handguards, check out www.k-var.com. Their synthetics do a much better job at keeping the handguards cool. I've a set of black synthetics, and I love em.

A good source for mags is on the Equipment Exchange board. Check out the Rifle/shotgun mags section and look for RONIN45. He's selling 75 round romy drums for $55 a pop and has 40 round steel mags for $95 per 10. Won't fnd a better deal on drums or 40 rounders any place else.

Good luck with your synthetic mags and Joeken.

edited to add that k-var has good waffle mags too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:36:09 PM EDT
Top Top