Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2003 10:39:21 AM EDT
just curious if there are any replacement parts for the front handguard on a sar-1...primarily interested b/c after awhile it gets rather hot especially on warm days its less than comfortable...

btw as an unrelated side note- I ordered some mags for my sar1 close to a month ago now, and have yet to recieve them or a shipping order.  After several e-mails it appears the mags are not even in stock as of now, yet on their website they were listed as in stock when I ordered.  I asked for my order to then be canceled and was simply told the mags would not be in by the end of the week...wtf?
I hope this is a lone experience, as I've never had difficutly with online ordering in any other area except w/gun related items it seems...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to Joeken and waffle mags? Joeken has been telling me my order should ship in a week for three weeks now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you referring to Joeken and waffle mags? Joeken has been telling me my order should ship in a week for three weeks now.

yes I am heh(was trying to be nice by not mentioning names, but since you mentioned it...)

I guess I'll e-mail again to try to cancel.
It is getting ridiculous.  I don't care how good/cheap the mags are at this point- if I can just cancel my order I'll hop on over to my gun store and pick up mags there(quibbling over a couple $ versus wondering when the mags will come hmm...).
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
For the handguards, check out www.k-var.com.  Their synthetics do a much better job at keeping the handguards cool.  I've a set of black synthetics, and I love em.

A good source for mags is on the Equipment Exchange board.  Check out the Rifle/shotgun mags section and look for RONIN45.  He's selling 75 round romy drums for $55 a pop and has 40 round steel mags for $95 per 10.  Won't fnd a better deal on drums or 40 rounders any place else.

Good luck with your synthetic mags and Joeken.

edited to add that k-var has good waffle mags too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top