Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2003 5:25:34 PM EDT

Was in my favorite gunshop tonight returning a scope for warranty work and they had this baby on the shelf.  The finish is perfect; the marks in picture are from the oil and handling the gun.

Doesn't seem to have been fired much, if at all. Plus it came with three extra magzines and a locking double-gun hard case for $250 out the door.

I know that Hesse made some modified AKs that looked something like this (CDNN has them for $399 dealer) but there are no Hesse markings anywhere, just the EAA import marks and the Izmash Arsenal markings, plus the weld between the brake and the FSB is absolutelty perfect, which is also not a Hesse indicator. It has the scope mount rail, too.

Checked the EAA website and they only offer them with the hunter-style stock and bare muzzle.

Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet that's still a Hesse conversion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the Hesse. The buttstock is a Hesse.  Still, $250 is a *very* good price...I'd snag it.  I've seen a Hesse 7.62x39 conversion, and it was surpisingly nice.  Ditch the buttstock though...garbage.

take care,
Tc
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The hunter stock version Saiga is $229 at CDNN , plus $23 for each extra mag, so nice deal OTD plus conversion!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe one of the homeless kids working in Hesse's shop turned out to be a child gunsmithing prodigy?

Looks like a nice deal, I'd say go for it.  

You should then see about some further work, like a conventional handguard system or something.  Anything that will remove the Hesse stigma from the rifle and make it yours.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:35:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll agree with the assesment that it's a Hesse rework. No markings that I could find see on the FCG though I didn't disassemble it completely.

I saw a couple new ones on the rack at two different gun shops today, one for $459 and one for $479, with no accessories. So I think my $250 was well spent.

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Who sells 30rd Hi caps for this gun?
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#8]
LMFAO. No one made high-cap .308 AK mags before the ban, and Russia certainly never fielded anything the like, so WTF are the mags going to come from? Sorry, just bitter.

Rumor has it a 25rnd Galil .308 mag will work, with modification to the rifle. Also seen M14 mag conversions that'll work, but Galil mags are like, $50 a pop, more if they're in OK condition, and I only saw the M14 conversion once, and dont recal who had it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top