Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 8:35:29 AM EDT
I got tired of reading Campy's posts telling everyone what a great deal the SAR1 was, so I bought one along with a couple of Yugo SKS's.  All three were a great deal IMO!!  Good advice!!

This might sound goofy, but I have kind of enjoyed the fact that the $310 SAR is "rough".  I've gotten two solid days worth of entertainment from smoothing up rough edges, straightening the REAR sight (Spot of weld forward of the left sight ramp pin, and aft of the right sight pin - after shaing, it moved the ass end to the left - allowed me to get the front sight closer to center. Front sight base was pretty straight.)  You can "play" with this rifle and not worry - transfer, tax, everything, around $350 - pull out the cold blue and make it black again after surgery - really cool!!!

1. Q - I followed the directions to fix the trigger slap - removed tail of disco and took off material around disco spring hole.  Disco is still smacking the trigger - took more off the bottom of the spring hole three times.  Each time, the contact point of the disco hitting the trigger just moves forward on the trigger.  The arc of travel of the aft lower portion of the disco is longer, but it's still hitting the trigger - now the contact point is almost to the disco spring seat on the trigger.  Take off more?  Take material off of the crescent of the hammer (not changing the "edge" measurement, of course)?  Any other suggestions?

2. Q - Looking at the Bulgarian fire control groups offered by Tapco, they have a "tail" on the disco - at least the picture they have shown does.  I've heard nothing but great things about anything out of Bulgaria - is the tail really not the issue?

3. Q - The disco on my Global rifle has no tail, but I can see where it smacks the trigger's baseplate.  But this rifle has one hella sweet trigger with no slap at all - really nice trigger.  What gives?

4. Q - I reinstalled the shepherd hook the "normal" way with the hook on the reinforcing rivet.  From the factory, the hook was flush with the wall of the receiver, just "upside down" with the "leg" end of the hook against the bottom of the receiver.  The way I have it now, the "hook" end isn't up against the receiver wall, it's up against the rivet reinforcing plate and has to travel at a slight angle to get behind the hammer pin.  Any problems with the way I have it now?  Is this method "standard"?  6 of one, half a dozen of the other?  Sorry, I only have one other AK to compare it to, and my Global SSR56 uses a "hairpin" type setup.  Just curious.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply, CAMPYBOB - I appreciate it.

As soon as I recover financially, I want to buy another for a truck gun.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top