Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 1:11:32 PM EDT
In particular, I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the book "The Complete Kalashnikov Family of Assault Rifles" by Duncan Long. I have his book on the AR-15, which I enjoyed tremendously. I already have Ezell's book "The Ak47 Story : Evolution of the Kalashnikov Weapons," but found that a little light in comparison to the AR-15 version of Long's book, especially when it comes to variants and newer rifles.

Anyone ever seen both of these and can offer an opinion ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the 2nd edition of Ezell's book, "Kalashnikov: The Arms and the Man" published by Collector Grade in 2000 or 2001.  It is a very complete and comprehensive update of the earlier "AK 47 Story", it is printed on glossy coated paper and includes dozens of B&W photos of AKs.

I do not own the Long book that you mentioned, but I have given it the thumb check at shows and always put it back.  It just doesn't float my boat.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top