Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2003 9:29:17 PM EDT
I need to send my SAR-1 off to have some modifications installed and was wondering what the best thing to put it in was? I lost/threw away the cardboard one it came in and am looking to see what you guys use to ship your guns in. A plastic case would work but wouldn't that denote a firearm and make a curious UPS man take notice? Thanks in advance for the input.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:41:16 PM EDT
We ship tons of rifles at UPS. I would go with a cheap plastic case. I think Wal Mart has cheap ones.

The UPS driver will know it is a gun, but it would just be one of a hundred guns he deals with in any given week. They wouldn't even take notice.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:43:11 AM EDT
And nothing should accidentally poke thru the cheap $10 plastic case.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:15:14 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies but what exactly do these plastic cases look like? I went to WalMart and could find nothing. The only thing I found were some Rubbermaid storage containers and I do not think that is what you guys meant. Could anyone give me a small description of these cheap cases? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:30:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mattld:
Thanks for the replies but what exactly do these plastic cases look like? I went to WalMart and could find nothing. The only thing I found were some Rubbermaid storage containers and I do not think that is what you guys meant. Could anyone give me a small description of these cheap cases? Thanks!

A GUN case in the sporting goods section. As in, a plastic sided one, not a fabric gun case. WalMart is starting to stock up on hunting stuff, so they should have those again. I think you're in Texas, right ? Academy sporting goods definitely has some.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 9:25:40 AM EDT
Ok thanks.
Top Top