Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 9:29:17 PM EDT
I need to send my SAR-1 off to have some modifications installed and was wondering what the best thing to put it in was?  I lost/threw away the cardboard one it came in and am looking to see what you guys use to ship your guns in.  A plastic case would work but wouldn't that denote a firearm and make a curious UPS man take notice?  Thanks in advance for the input.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
We ship tons of rifles at UPS.  I would go with a cheap plastic case. I think Wal Mart has cheap ones.

The UPS driver will know it is a gun, but it would just be one of a hundred guns he deals with in any given week.  They wouldn't even take notice.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#2]
And nothing should accidentally poke thru the cheap $10 plastic case.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies but what exactly do these plastic cases look like?  I went to WalMart and could find nothing.  The only thing I found were some Rubbermaid storage containers and I do not think that is what you guys meant.  Could anyone give me a small description of these cheap cases?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies but what exactly do these plastic cases look like?  I went to WalMart and could find nothing.  The only thing I found were some Rubbermaid storage containers and I do not think that is what you guys meant.  Could anyone give me a small description of these cheap cases?  Thanks!

A GUN case in the sporting goods section. As in, a plastic sided one, not a fabric gun case. WalMart is starting to stock up on hunting stuff, so they should have those again. I think you're in Texas, right ? Academy sporting goods definitely has some.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top