Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 12:32:18 PM EDT
Any way (other than duct tape) to mount a flashlight on an AK47/74?

I've been fooling with AR15's so long a carbine doesn't feel right to me unless I have so much stuff bolted on it that I need to haul it around on a wheeled trunion for a house-clearing course.

Thanks in advance for your input.

SD
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
RKB USA sells a set of synthetic AK handguards with a rail on the lower handguard.  You can mount a light and a verticle grip on that rail.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You can buy a weaver ring scope base - either the length you need or cut on down and screw/bolt it to your hand guard.  Depending on where you want to put it, more or less wood/platic-working skills will be required.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I'm going to stroll on over to RKB USA now.

SD

El-phooey - O!!! Couldn't find RKB USA. Anybody got a link?

Thanks.

SD
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
El-phooey - O!!! Couldn't find RKB USA. Anybody got a link?

I have www.rpbusa.com bookmarked, but it seems to be down tonight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
That's them, sorry, fucking acronyms!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently saw a SAR-1 that had one of the FOBUS light mounts attached to the barrel and a surefire G2 light....I don't have a link to FOBUS, but they make kydex holsters and other accessories.  The main company is out of Israel....Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
You could use some sort of barrel clamp like is often used on shotguns and ARs.  There's a pic on Tantal's site which shows a light mounted like that on an AK-74M.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top