Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/13/2003 8:20:35 AM EDT
Hi guys,
I keep thinking of trading my Bushy Shorty for an AK. I got a SKS Sporter a couple weeks ago which took me back to my long gone MAK90 and the SKS I had before that. I like the sound and the economy of the 7.62x39 round.
I know, keep the Bushmaster and get the AK, well, that would take me several years at the rate at which I'm able to save money.
What, if I decide to do it would be a fair trade to ask for?
Thanks,
Kelly
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:33:39 AM EDT
A Romanian SAR-1 AK-47 in 7.62 is $300ish. No way you should trade a Bushmaster for that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:39:02 AM EDT
Right you are.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:47:46 AM EDT
My paltry advice is to sell your B/M and buy what you want with the cash. (Yes, it is summer and demand (pricing) is down a bit but you'll also be buying into a down market.) What might be interesting to consider is buying an SAR-1, SAR-2 and SAR-3 on the used market with as many options/extras as you can find. Then you can slowly add the K-Var furniture, RSA trigger group and other options as you see fit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:59:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
My paltry advice is to sell your B/M and buy what you want with the cash. (Yes, it is summer and demand (pricing) is down a bit but you'll also be buying into a down market.) What might be interesting to consider is buying an SAR-1, SAR-2 and SAR-3 on the used market with as many options/extras as you can find. Then you can slowly add the K-Var furniture, RSA trigger group and other options as you see fit.

Your advice is never paltry, subsailor!
You think that I could get all 3 from the proceeds of my BM?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:11:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bearlaker:

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:

Your advice is never paltry, subsailor!
You think that I could get all 3 from the proceeds of my BM?

Since you said "shorty" I guess I'm making that ASS-umption that your B/M is preban ?? If so, yes I believe you can get all three. (BTW, I have an SAR-2 and I'm in the process of taking my own advice and looking for an SAR-1 and SAR-3 !!)
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:21:39 AM EDT
No, it's postban, Bushmaster sold a 16" called the Shorty a couple of years ago...my bad for not specifying postban A2.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:24:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bearlaker:
No, it's postban, Bushmaster sold a 16" called the Shorty a couple of years ago...my bad for not specifying postban A2.

Well heck, maybe you can only get two of the three !!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:22:54 AM EDT
Yes..interesting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:54:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:18:40 PM EDT
I'll second Campy on that. NEVER let go of a good shooting rifle, especially an AR.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:13:26 AM EDT
Campy, Capn, you guys are makin me feel guilty, with good advice, though.
Top Top