Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/17/2003 11:51:40 AM EDT
I will be sending a letter to the atf technical branch on a AOW I want to make and was wondering if any else has sent letters to them? How long does it take for them to respond? Thanks...

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:41:01 PM EDT
I mailed one back in early January regarding legal modifications to AK variants if the 94 ban sunsets and is not replaced. I have yet to get a reply.

Maybe they won't answer my questions since the ban hasn't expired yet and they don't want to give speculative answers. Who knows?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:47:13 PM EDT
www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/public/nfalist/law.html

Letters ATF has published opinions on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:49:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
Maybe they won't answer my questions since the ban hasn't expired yet and they don't want to give speculative answers. Who knows?

They probably have not answered because they had no idea what you were talking about. If you asked the average justice/atf person "what year the 1994 AW Ban was passed?" Most would get it wrong.

Since the original ban was never codified (ie defined, which is why no one is ever prosecuted) then how could they tell you how it would "uncodify"?

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:09:14 PM EDT
I mailed one along time ago asking if the TAC-Trigger was actually legal. Took them about 6 weeks or longer, but the answer was yes. My dad told me no anyway though. So I learned to BUMP. ROFL
Top Top