Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/17/2003 11:51:40 AM EDT
I will be sending a letter to the atf technical branch on a AOW I want to make and was wondering if any else has sent letters to them?  How long does it take for them to respond?  Thanks...

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I mailed one back in early January regarding legal modifications to AK variants if the 94 ban sunsets and is not replaced. I have yet to get a reply.

Maybe they won't answer my questions since the ban hasn't expired yet and they don't want to give speculative answers. Who knows?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/public/nfalist/law.html

Letters ATF has published opinions on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe they won't answer my questions since the ban hasn't expired yet and they don't want to give speculative answers. Who knows?

They probably have not answered because they had no idea what you were talking about.  If you asked the average justice/atf person "what year the 1994 AW Ban was passed?"  Most would get it wrong.  

Since the original ban was never codified (ie defined, which is why no one is ever prosecuted) then how could they tell you how it would "uncodify"?

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I mailed one along time ago asking if the TAC-Trigger was actually legal.  Took them about 6 weeks or longer, but the answer was yes.  My dad told me no anyway though.  So I learned to BUMP. ROFL  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top