Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 12:02:27 PM EDT
I repeatedly hear reccomendations for the SAM7 and I would like a SAM7-classic, love that wood and steel look.

Where can a guy in the Phoenix, AZ area find one of these?  I want to look the specific rifle in person before laying out the money.

Is there a stocking dealer around or should I hunt around at the gun shows?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want a scope rail you might consider the SAM-7S.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for one as well.

I'll keep an eye out at the next Crossroads show.

Question: Are there threads under the pinned muzzle brake? Justing think that in a year threaded muzzles may be legal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I repeatedly hear reccomendations for the SAM7 and I would like a SAM7-classic, love that wood and steel look.

Where can a guy in the Phoenix, AZ area find one of these?  I want to look the specific rifle in person before laying out the money.

Is there a stocking dealer around or should I hunt around at the gun shows?

I think that the Classics were a limited production item, like the Arsenal RPK's were.

If that is the case, you will only be able to get one from an individual. OTOH, www.sksman.com has them listed on his website for $1100 (too much).

Other than that, I would just suggest you guys just keep your eyes open.

EDIT- Arsenal Inc has these dealers listed on their website:

Pawn Palace LLC
301 N. Alarcon
Prescott, AZ 86301
Tel.: 928 717 2487
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skinner Manufacturing
2115 Arizona Ave Suite 4
Yuma, AZ 85364-6589
Tel.: 928 580 6953

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
At the Arsenal web site I did not see any indication that the SAM7 Classic was not a current production item.  But you guys should know, I'm new to this "dark side".  

What I want is an AK with a decent metal finish and nice wood.  Some of the guys here are reworking their own SAR-1's and getting nice wood.  I suppose I could take a SAR1 to AZEX (Arizona Expert Arms) and have Derrick do his superb Parkote satin black finish on it.  I have one of his FAL's and it is still the best looking FAL I have ever seen.  Don't know how well a stamped AK would come out though...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, here is a little proof of the limited production.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=190100&w=activePop

Why not just buy a nice SAM-7S and a nice set of wood to replace the polymer furniture?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
At the Shot Show I was told that the Classic and the RPK are both current production items and that .223 cal versions of each will be produced. I did not hear anything about either being a "limited production" item and I do not believe that story to be factual.

The muzzle brake on an SA-M7 is pinned in place.  So when the ban sunsets you will be good to go.   I also concur with the suggestion of buying an SA-M7s and replacing the furniture.  You can buy wood furniture for less than the price difference.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The production amount of 250 is for the Classic, only 300 of the RPK-7's were made.

This comes from the mouth of the president of Arsenal Inc. in a couple of phone conversations with me last year.  We are stocking dealers of Arsenal Inc. rifles and I'm a moderator on the K-Var/Arsenal Inc. website.

No more RPK-7's or Classics are to be made, as far as I know.

Vartan (John) wanted to make some instant collectables and he did.  The Classic and RPK were more labor and parts intensive to build.

As SS said, the muzzle brake on the SA-M7S is pinned on, and smooth underneath.  You can replace the synthetic furniture with the wood.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in Flagstaff.  I had one ordered from Lew Horton.  Got it almost immediately.

The Classic was gone when I ordered it so I got the regular production gun.  If you check Arsenal's web site now you'll see that they have added several options and now have a number of guns chambered in 223.

I've probably put 1200 rounds through mine.  All Wolfe Ammunition from J&G.  Hasn't missed once.  I'd skip the version that can handle a scope.  The regular sights are just fine.

I would, however, recommend getting a B-Square sight adjusting tool.  Using that I zeroed my gun in.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:32:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the background info and links.  The SA-M7 sure looks like a great weapon.  Now to find one....
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#10]
find a ffl and go to

www.gunsnstuff.net/p/023f.html

535$ SA-M7

15$ shipping

FFL fees/tax
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
find a ffl and go to

www.gunsnstuff.net/p/023f.html

535$ SA-M7

15$ shipping

FFL fees/tax

And $621.49 for the SAM-7S with scope rail.  Seems a little high for the rail but it is "attached with laser precision !"
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#12]
eno45,
Thanks for the laed to Gunsnstuff!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top