Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 2:57:00 PM EDT
Finally got to the range today, yes Monday! Had the whole place to myself. I sighted in the Korba which I have on the Kreb's. Worked just like it should. Could get 2" three-shot groups at 100 yds on the bench. I'm happy.

Now for my little fire breather.
Minor windage and elevation adjustments and we were right on the money. I shoot the Krink at our 50 yd range. Once sighted in the fun began. It has a RSA FCG and Troy tuned it to perfection. Can you say bump-o-matic. I have got to get back out with the video camera. That thing ran like a select fire on rock & roll. Put's a silly grin on ya face.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems we have matching Krebs '74s now. I've got the Plum bayo and the plum mag as well, so I guess it's a "blazyclone"  It's good to see that it shoots well (as if I expected anything less) I still haven't shot mine yet, unfortunately. How much did you pay for your Plum mag? I got mine for $55 shipped, which I think is good, although the arsenal mark has been removed. I still have to find a Russian sling; those things are elusive these days it seems.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The mag in the picture is a mint Tula. For collection only. It's goes nice with the Russian Plum furniture. AA-OK has Russian slings, that's where I get them.
What part on MN are you in? I have relatives in Faribault "ya-know"
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
GET RID OF THAT PURPLE FURNITURE YOU HOMO!!! I knew Texans were raging New Orleans man-whore lovers, but purple furniture on an AK???? Give me a break!

Nice pieces blazeone. I especially like your Krinkov. It's a shame I can't do SBR or suppressors in IL. It's also a damn shame that we can't get new full auto receivers. That would be a fun gun to shoot with a Russian or Swiss (B&T makes them I think....) suppressor.

One more thing man, what kind of barrel is on the Saiga conversion? Is that Bulgarian or does Marc make his own now (or imports Russian ones)? I know he casts his own gas blocks now for the newer configuration with the front sight built into them (ala Valmet), but I wasn't sure if he started making barrels at all yet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
That's gen-u-wine homo Russian furniture you are gawking at. I'm man enough to handle it. The barrel is "was" un-fired Bulgarian.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's gen-u-wine homo Russian furniture you are gawking at. I'm man enough to handle it. The barrel is "was" un-fired Bulgarian.

Yeah well, that says a lot about Russians then doesn't it? You have to be gay to go communist!

I'm just screwing with you, don't take the New Orleans man-whore lover comment to heart.

Blaze, you are one hell of a collector sir. At this rate, you will surpass Campybob. We'll have to replace him with you as long as you have his level of mechanical knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I do like that Kreb's AK-74 !!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn,  Those sure are sweet.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, once you see the plum up close, you will realize there isn't the slightest bit of purple in it, it's all brown/maroon.  The purple is more of a lighting issue then anything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#10]
a question on groups, bar with me this is a complete noob question. "a 2 inch group means what at 200 yards?" could you hit a man in the chest at 200 meters with 2 inch groups at 100 meters?
thanks
john
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Blazeone, all I can say is "excellent".

1179, a 2" group at 100 yards translates to a 4" group at 200 yards. Definitely smaller than a man's torso.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
BTW the I got a 2" group twice and I also got others that were 3, 5, and 7. He,he. Operator error. I was very surprised about the couple of small groups I got from the ak. I expect 6 inch groups and I believe that is a good number for a battle rifle. I was not trying "real" hard and using wolf ammo, so there you go.

While I am proud of my collection and definately enjoy shooting them. Sir Campybob is in another league from many stand points. He's "The" MAN.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey blaze, which furniture parts on your Krebs are real Russian and which aren't?  I assume you have something from the K-var set still on there for legality; if not, what did you replace? I'm not trying to play ATF agent, just curious for my own future buys.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#14]
All Rusky.

USA = FCG, gas rod, brake and floor plates & followers. Don't ask where I get the 74 mag parts. Yeah that's it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Floor plates and followers, gotcha  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#16]
i'll be taking my sar-2 74gry to the range friday and saturday. i'll let you guys know whats up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
...sar-2 74gry...

74gry sounds pretty good, dontcha think? but would you say "seven-4gry" or "seventy 4gry"?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#18]
blazeone, being a Houstonian also I sure would love to know what range lets you bumpfire.
I'm a little tired of the places i go to.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:36:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
blazeone, being a Houstonian also I sure would love to know what range lets you bumpfire.
I'm a little tired of the places i go to.

I know what you mean. I belong to a private club called PSC it it located between Friendswood and Alvin. The only time I bump fire there is on a week day or any other time I have the range to myself. They do allow rapid fire anytime. It costs $140.00 a year and they have every concivable type of range you could think of.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#20]
If I wasn't on the opposite end of the world practically (Spring I-45 area)I would consider that.
I guess I'll have to be content with Carters Country and the Natl. Forest for now.
Thanks for the info.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top