Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/19/2003 2:57:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 2:57:55 PM EDT by blazeone]
Finally got to the range today, yes Monday! Had the whole place to myself. I sighted in the Korba which I have on the Kreb's. Worked just like it should. Could get 2" three-shot groups at 100 yds on the bench. I'm happy.

Now for my little fire breather.
Minor windage and elevation adjustments and we were right on the money. I shoot the Krink at our 50 yd range. Once sighted in the fun began. It has a RSA FCG and Troy tuned it to perfection. Can you say bump-o-matic. I have got to get back out with the video camera. That thing ran like a select fire on rock & roll. Put's a silly grin on ya face.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:04:54 PM EDT
It seems we have matching Krebs '74s now. I've got the Plum bayo and the plum mag as well, so I guess it's a "blazyclone" It's good to see that it shoots well (as if I expected anything less) I still haven't shot mine yet, unfortunately. How much did you pay for your Plum mag? I got mine for $55 shipped, which I think is good, although the arsenal mark has been removed. I still have to find a Russian sling; those things are elusive these days it seems.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:10:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 5:13:47 PM EDT by blazeone]
The mag in the picture is a mint Tula. For collection only. It's goes nice with the Russian Plum furniture. AA-OK has Russian slings, that's where I get them.
What part on MN are you in? I have relatives in Faribault "ya-know"
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:37:13 PM EDT
GET RID OF THAT PURPLE FURNITURE YOU HOMO!!! I knew Texans were raging New Orleans man-whore lovers, but purple furniture on an AK???? Give me a break!

Nice pieces blazeone. I especially like your Krinkov. It's a shame I can't do SBR or suppressors in IL. It's also a damn shame that we can't get new full auto receivers. That would be a fun gun to shoot with a Russian or Swiss (B&T makes them I think....) suppressor.

One more thing man, what kind of barrel is on the Saiga conversion? Is that Bulgarian or does Marc make his own now (or imports Russian ones)? I know he casts his own gas blocks now for the newer configuration with the front sight built into them (ala Valmet), but I wasn't sure if he started making barrels at all yet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:43:15 PM EDT
That's gen-u-wine homo Russian furniture you are gawking at. I'm man enough to handle it. The barrel is "was" un-fired Bulgarian.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:01:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By blazeone:
That's gen-u-wine homo Russian furniture you are gawking at. I'm man enough to handle it. The barrel is "was" un-fired Bulgarian.

Yeah well, that says a lot about Russians then doesn't it? You have to be gay to go communist!

I'm just screwing with you, don't take the New Orleans man-whore lover comment to heart.

Blaze, you are one hell of a collector sir. At this rate, you will surpass Campybob. We'll have to replace him with you as long as you have his level of mechanical knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:06:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:12:22 PM EDT
I do like that Kreb's AK-74 !!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:17:22 PM EDT
Damn, Those sure are sweet.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:45:15 PM EDT
Actually, once you see the plum up close, you will realize there isn't the slightest bit of purple in it, it's all brown/maroon. The purple is more of a lighting issue then anything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:52:25 PM EDT
a question on groups, bar with me this is a complete noob question. "a 2 inch group means what at 200 yards?" could you hit a man in the chest at 200 meters with 2 inch groups at 100 meters?
thanks
john
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:57:19 PM EDT
Blazeone, all I can say is "excellent".

1179, a 2" group at 100 yards translates to a 4" group at 200 yards. Definitely smaller than a man's torso.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:01:12 PM EDT
BTW the I got a 2" group twice and I also got others that were 3, 5, and 7. He,he. Operator error. I was very surprised about the couple of small groups I got from the ak. I expect 6 inch groups and I believe that is a good number for a battle rifle. I was not trying "real" hard and using wolf ammo, so there you go.

While I am proud of my collection and definately enjoy shooting them. Sir Campybob is in another league from many stand points. He's "The" MAN.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:23:46 PM EDT
Hey blaze, which furniture parts on your Krebs are real Russian and which aren't? I assume you have something from the K-var set still on there for legality; if not, what did you replace? I'm not trying to play ATF agent, just curious for my own future buys.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:35:02 PM EDT
All Rusky.

USA = FCG, gas rod, brake and floor plates & followers. Don't ask where I get the 74 mag parts. Yeah that's it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:46:07 PM EDT
Floor plates and followers, gotcha
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:08:51 AM EDT
i'll be taking my sar-2 74gry to the range friday and saturday. i'll let you guys know whats up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2003 1:42:04 PM EDT by SuperChicken]

Originally Posted By 1179:
...sar-2 74gry...

74gry sounds pretty good, dontcha think? but would you say "seven-4gry" or "seventy 4gry"?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:00:53 PM EDT
blazeone, being a Houstonian also I sure would love to know what range lets you bumpfire.
I'm a little tired of the places i go to.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:36:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AK-Joe:
blazeone, being a Houstonian also I sure would love to know what range lets you bumpfire.
I'm a little tired of the places i go to.

I know what you mean. I belong to a private club called PSC it it located between Friendswood and Alvin. The only time I bump fire there is on a week day or any other time I have the range to myself. They do allow rapid fire anytime. It costs $140.00 a year and they have every concivable type of range you could think of.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:14:17 AM EDT
If I wasn't on the opposite end of the world practically (Spring I-45 area)I would consider that.
I guess I'll have to be content with Carters Country and the Natl. Forest for now.
Thanks for the info.
Top Top